What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia V. Panikstan, 14 Jan Bellreive Oval

yappy

Bench
no they don't, as others have pointed out...

Ponting is no strategist, he's a poor version of Waugh, who was a great leader but not a great cricket tactician... Taylor clearly the best Australian captain-strategist of recent time...

Pretty obviously the likes of Fleming and perhaps Vaughan have been better captains than Waugh or Ponting

Yep, pretty much my feelings. Taylor was like a chess master, he could see the game several more moves ahead of others. He had a good side, but not the superstar side that it was to become. He got the best out of them though. Superb cricket brain.

And as for people not rating him as a player, he was a great opening batsman. He wasn't playing in the last decade of flat decks, few great quicks and generally inflated batting averages. He made 7500 at 43 opening against real fast bowlers like Marshall, Ambrose, Walsh, Bishop, Paterson, Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Dev, and Donald. His average was hurt by some poor years near the end of his career, but he was around 50 for a long time. He had earned a fair bit of leniency from the selectors not just for his outstanding captaincy, but for a lot of runs in the bank.

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh good, those two spastics getting themselves out to Siddle will make the selectors keep him again...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How bad did that bloke look??? Siddle has 2, this will give him at least another 30 tests..........

yappy

Bench
Farhat is pretty frustrating. He's looked pretty solid a lot of the time, but just gets out once he should be set and looking to go on.

yappy

Bench
I was going to defend Siddle, but what's this crap? Going around to dig it into Yousuf is just crud. Can't he get a right hander to knick one? We already have two left arm quicks to go across the right hander, so get back over and attack the stumps you hack.

Or is Douglas Jardine captain now and we're employing leg theory?

yappy

Bench
The third probably wasn't on, but only because Salman was cruising. Yousuf was running real hard and trying to put some pressure on.

aussies1st

Staff member
Butt could have made it easily really even carrying his gloves, Yousuf was about to touch Butt when the throw came in.

Evenflow

Bench
I expect my openers and number 3 to be capable of it, I do not expect my 5 or 6 to do it.

Brad hodge did it at 5. Though i'm sure that'll be totally dismissed and put down to something like the conditions were a batsmans paradise, it was on home soil, it was a crappy bowling line up or the favorite of the mental midgets around here that he's a Victorian etc one of those or some other lame arse excuse like that.

If it was Phil Hughes who did it in exactly the same conditions most here would want to blow him......or even more so than usual :shock:

Latest posts