What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v South Africa @ SCG Jan 4-8, 2023

TheParraboy

Staff member
Happy new year !!

Isnt Davey suppose to score that double ton here, a dead rubber?

Maybe another one?

Probably soMe changes for both sides

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hazlewood back in for Starc.
I'd move Carey to six and play the second spinner they think will go to India.

I'm not sure who that is but I don’t think it will be Swepson. It shouldn't be Agar.

JJ

Immortal
Just looked at the Jaapie squad... god knows what they'll do with the batting, no options there - bunch of 30 plus journeymen and two keepers...

f**k send an SOS to Faf and AB

Hope the Lizard guy plays...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hazlewood back in for Starc.
I'd move Carey to six and play the second spinner they think will go to India.

I'm not sure who that is but I don’t think it will be Swepson. It shouldn't be Agar.

Can only be Zampa if we play 2 spinners, I'd really love to see him play a test match, but I suspect Sabba could get a look in and has been making runs lately

as long as it's not Moises Henriques

BunniesMan

Immortal
Their top 5 is just so bad we could pick anyone and I'd be certain of a win.

I cannot fathom what has happened to their batting talent. All those years Amla and De Villers and co were world class...was just nothing happened in their juniors? No talent coming along?

Erwee gets picked to open the batting for a supposed top tier test nation...with a first class average of 37?
Elgar is little better. A captain providing such batting mediocrity doesn't inspire much confidence.

Then the 3-4-5 of de Bruyn, Bavuma and Zondo is historically bad. To give you an idea: the bloke averaging 34 has a better average than the other two COMBINED.

A team with a proud history of knocking us over repeatedly here in Australia cannot come up with 5 better batsmen?

We should pick whoever, I'd back most of our shield teams to score enough runs to beat them.

blaza88z

Coach
Give Swepson a crack on Aussie soil, he wasn't that bad in Pakistan. As we know it takes a bit of time to develop a front line spinner, he's as good as anything else we got going around

Smug Panther

First Grade
3 quicks and the GOAT. Pick a batsman for Green, preferably the one they think will take over from Davey in a few years

Ok mass conjecture over what the bowling attack will comprise for Sydney. Given it will be a dead rubber will CA fiddle things such as debut Aaron Hardie at #6. Several former players have suggested this move. Will they also give Swepson or Murphy, or even Agar a crack for Lyon. Hazlewood has declared himself fit so must play, if for nothing else vital prep for India, while Lance Morris is almost a cert to make his debut for Starc.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why would he ? Haze comes in for Starc and Boland retains his position? Paddy has already had a rest.
They are speculating that Morris is the like for like replacement for Starc, i also think they will probably bring Hardie in for Green and Carey slides to 6.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Do we really need an all rounder at 6 to replace Green ?

The Saffas really are a poor team and I don't think we need 5 bowlers to get 30 wickets against these guys. It's probably a good time to blood the next in line or a potential new batsman, and I don't mean Harris.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They are speculating that Morris is the like for like replacement for Starc, i also think they will probably bring Hardie in for Green and Carey slides to 6.

so Haze is sitting out ? I doubt it

It won't be captain Pat, so that just leaves Boland carrying the drinks. I don't agree with that, but then again, I've never agreed with a lot of our selectors.

Do we really need an all rounder at 6 to replace Green ?
Fair point. The other option is to move Carey to #6 and play three quicks and two spinners as is likely a turner will be prepared with India in mind. Talk Ashton Agar may play too.

Last edited:

Same here. Several former players have said this and I agree with them . Hardie is certainly on the CA Test radar given his call up to international cricket for our As in sub continent this year where he performed well with bat and ball.

It's probably a good time to blood the next in line or a potential new batsman, and I don't mean Harris.
Who do you have in mind and in what position? Tricky this as all the form batsmen are openers and CA will never drop Warner now from India and Ussie is a lock.

Latest posts