What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test India v England at Ahmedabad, Feb 24-28 2021

simmo1

First Grade
I usually don't have much problem with home town pitches, but that pitch was a disgrace. England certainly didn't help themselves by picking one spinner though.

JJ

Immortal
Just what test cricket needs, thanks India

FMD test cricket, as we’ve seen recently, is brilliant. Shit like this will destroy it... but India won so guess they’re happy

Bazal

Post Whore
Agree with you.

However, several of the England dismissals were due to atrocious shot selection and their batting technique has been found wanting in these conditions.

I think you underestimate how hard it is to bat on an unacceptable pitch tbh.

There's no way you survive time on a deck like that. And the batsmen know it too, and suddenly every ball is a hand grenade and every ball that looks like a scoring opportunity feels like it needs to be a boundary because you know there's one with your name on it not far away.

Bazal

Post Whore
I usually don't have much problem with home town pitches, but that pitch was a disgrace. England certainly didn't help themselves by picking one spinner though.
Just what test cricket needs, thanks India

FMD test cricket, as we’ve seen recently, is brilliant. Shit like this will destroy it... but India won so guess they’re happy

It's a genuinely atrocious wicket, to have a Test over inside 2 days isn't acceptable surely.

But Indian fans will tell you it's no worse than preparing a green top and criticism of their unfit pitches is biased and racist

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sorry, when Leach and Root run through an Indian team at home on the 2nd day of a test you know it's a dodgy pitch.

Only Indians will delude themselves into thinking the pitch was a pearler
Ellen summed it up perfectly, if I can get 5 for 8 the pitch is f**ked.

Bazal

Post Whore
It is the batsmen these days. NZ green tops have the same affect if there is spin or seem then they struggle

They were scooping literal buckets of dust off the deck after play on day ONE

Blaming the batsmen is a distraction from the abysmal deck India turned out.

franklin2323

Immortal
They were scooping literal buckets of dust off the deck after play on day ONE

Blaming the batsmen is a distraction from the abysmal deck India turned out.

The fact England only picked one spinner shows how bad they read the conditions

2nd test pitch wasn't terrible yet they got 134 and 164

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
India just thinking of the environment. The power those lights must use over 5 days must by immense.
Better to get it over within 2 days.