What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Final - Australia vs England

morgan123

Juniors
Stuart fielden version 2

A good comparison. Fielden's career was ended not by Mason's punch, but by the death of his mother that hit him so hard. That and playing so much so young and leaving his body weak.

Sam Burgess has suffered a similar personal tragedy, losing his father to cancer. But he hasn't let it affect his performances and he's been great this series.

How many Australian forwards of his age are able to do what he does? How many have the skills he has? How many Australian forwards at the age of 18 can hit Fui Fui Moi Moi so hard he can't eat solid food for a week?

Once he adapts to the NRL he'll be fantastic and I've got no doubt he'll be a big star. The media over there will build him up to ridiculous proportions and try to knock him down, but as Gaz Ellis and Adrian Morley proved, there really is nothing to worry about in the NRL for Super League stars like Burgess. The higher level of intensity and quality will just bring the best out of them and help them reach their potential. Burgess has the potential to be the best player in the world. Good luck to him.

mikdalton

Juniors
A good comparison. Fielden's career was ended not by Mason's punch, but by the death of his mother that hit him so hard. That and playing so much so young and leaving his body weak.

Sam Burgess has suffered a similar personal tragedy, losing his father to cancer. But he hasn't let it affect his performances and he's been great this series.

How many Australian forwards of his age are able to do what he does? How many have the skills he has? How many Australian forwards at the age of 18 can hit Fui Fui Moi Moi so hard he can't eat solid food for a week?

Once he adapts to the NRL he'll be fantastic and I've got no doubt he'll be a big star. The media over there will build him up to ridiculous proportions and try to knock him down, but as Gaz Ellis and Adrian Morley proved, there really is nothing to worry about in the NRL for Super League stars like Burgess. The higher level of intensity and quality will just bring the best out of them and help them reach their potential. Burgess has the potential to be the best player in the world. Good luck to him.

His dad died from Motor Neurones Disease which is a terrible thing for anybody to go through, trust me I know.

Players either have it or they don't and Burgess does. Fielden was a good player but there was nothing outstanding about him like there is with Sam. He just has something extra to his game, that little bit of class and I've no doubt he'll storm it in the NRL.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I'm going no where. Do I seem like the sort who worries about an internet reputation, really?:lol:

Who said you were worried about a reputation? You may not disappear, but your presence will diminish significantly. Unless of course, you take up supporting the West Indies Cricket Team.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Who said you were worried about a reputation? You may not disappear, but your presence will diminish significantly. Unless of course, you take up supporting the West Indies Cricket Team.

Of course my presence will diminish. It's the off season after the Four Nations and all eyes will be on the Union.

But like I say I'm going nowhere.

mozza91

Coach
Australia by amything pending what level they choose to play at could be 40 could be 4, but England will not win.

pcpp

Juniors
Maybe they weren't expecting England to make the final so they decided to close a few stands...

One stand was supposed to be closed for Aus and NZ at Twickenham Stoop but it was opened for the game anyway (and it was nearly full).

1stNov2000

Juniors
31,000 will be there to watch the first half. As much as I want the poms to win, the english backs just don't have any answers and that is the difference between the two sides. Australia will definitely play for the full 80 this time round. Game, set, championship.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gallen. Take the jersey off, get on a f**king plane, and f**k off. You f**king piece of f**king sh*t.