What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Final - Australia vs England

tim sheens is an idiot

I've been very disappointed in his attitude in this tournament - whining about everything from the word go (refs, England's supposed foul play, refs again, politics etc etc).

The side that runs out on Saturday will be different from the one he's released. Just the same as the England team announced today (UK time) will probably be a smokescreen.

I'd have Cronk on the bench. Quite pleased Sheens seems to be going with forwards actually - Cronk would cause us far more problems than Thaiday or White.

hutch

First Grade
Luke Lewis has been named in the starting line up, I think that is so Sheens can add more size to the bench.

i agree. there is no need for a utility on the bench with lewis in the team. he can cover the backs and the forwards. i think we will go for 4 forwards on the bench to counter the massive forward pack.

aussies1st

Staff member
Just noticed Hayne and Morris switched around, if they go well in that formation, they could end up like that for NSW if they want Stewart at fullback.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well it seems Jarryd will play outside Inglis in this game.

So the structure has changed a lot

Hayne - Inglis - Thurston - Gallen - Civ - Hindmarsh - Smith - Hannant - Lewis - Lockyer - Hodges - Morris

Slater

Interesting

I am thinking Watmough will come on for Lewis, but Hindy will take Lewis spot in D and Watmough moving to lock.
Obviously White and Shillo will swap in and out with Hannant and Civ.
Lewis to come back on for Gallen, Watmough left Hindy back to lock.

f**k knows what Gidley will do if no injury.

aussies1st

Staff member
There isn't much need for Gidley on the bench anyway, Lewis covers the back spot bar fullback where we have tons of cover anyway.

8Ball

First Grade
So we have two backrowers and one prop on the bench who hits it up like a pillow, which makes even less sense when you have 2 workmen-like backrowers in the starting XIII, and Gallen who plays a solid amount of minutes anyway.

Lewis in the starting XIII (which I like), but then its hard to justify Gidley's inclusion, as Lewis can pretty much cover anywhere (stop-gap solution in case of injury) in the backline apart from fullback, in which case Hayne could easily switch there anyway.

And Thaiday on the bench, who has been sh*t in this tournament (and I'm a broncos fan).

I feel sorry for you tigers fans..

Last edited:

marv

Juniors
Great, if England win we are stuck with you, if Australia win we are stuck with Rastus. Bloody hate this forum sometimes.

:lol:

I only hate this forum when the Clowns like Rastus and RH crawl out of the woodwork, 99% of the time this is a fine board, with fine people like yourself Tez!

Cuppy

Juniors
This over hyped English pack will be found out in the final. Burgess will realize what he has got himself into going to the NRL and Ingles will once again tear the poms another one.

The Roo's by 18 in the first half
The Roo's by 34 by the end.

Noa

First Grade
I think it will be close game, short 10 will certainly help englands cause, and theres no contention about it, take Cam Smith out and their pack is a better unit then ours.

However in the end I expect Inglis, Slater and Hayne to get us home.

roughyedspud

Coach
keep cam smith and our pack is still a better unit than yours....even more so now kev sinfield is at dummy half marshalling the pack around the field

morgan123

Juniors
Pixie Lott rallies the troops:

TH0_1311200927e4-1311-03-1311-070539.jpg

ANTiLAG

First Grade
There seems to be a lot of Burgess envy by NRL fans.

To be clear;
I am strictly a NRL fan.
I do not rate English Super League as highly as the NRL as a competition because the player depth is shallow and genuine quality more scarce when compared to the NRL.

However, I do rate Sam Burgess. You are either blind or stupid to not rate this kid. I do not care if he has a shocker in the final. He is the biggest thing to enter a league forward pack since SBW. I do not care that he is a pom playing in a lesser comp - with the right mentoring and prevention of homesickness he will show shine in the NRL. I am convinced. 2 years ago he monstered Fuifuimoimoi and I do not think he has stepped backwards.

To grow in popularity with youth the game needs superstars. Not just in Australia but England too. It does not matter that the superstars are not Australian, does it?

Sam Burgess is no Greg Inglis in superstar quality, yet. But I hope he develops into one. We need kids in England wanting to be the next Sam so they do not join Union. This will improve the standard of English league, thus the international standard. Ellery Hanley and Adrian Morley (when not suspended) displayed great feats in the Australian competition and I hope Sam Burgess does too.

Not every kid can run the 100 metres in 10.7 seconds flat or better. So superstar forwards are required as well. The likes of Fuifui, Hannant, Taylor, Burgess, Mason (3 years ago) are needed to encourage slower kids from playing union and keep the game popular and interesting.

Critics know it is true that the work of the Kevin Campion, Sam Thaiday, Andrew Ryan, Lance Thompson, Dallas Johnson, Bryan Fletcher, Nathan Hindmarsh is under rated and under valued to the game changing highlight reel creating likes of Burgess, Lauititi, Taylor, Fui, and SBW. But we need those highlights. Lets celebrate them all, no matter what country they come from. Because if we do not, union will be more successful in pinching them and destroying them.