What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 nations game 7 - 4 nations final - ENG V AUS

Evil Homer

Staff member
Sinfield is horrible. Before every series he gets talked up and every series he looks like a nsw cup player.

What happened to the pryce brothers? Weren't they going to be the english answer to GI?
Karl Pryce turned out for Jamaica against the USA last month.

innsaneink

Referee
My TV stuffed something up because the recording cut out at half time so I only watched the first.

For all the refereeing errors against the Australians I thought
- Tomkins was taken out after dropping the ball, not giving him the opportunity to recover or stop the players, probably should've been a try and definately shouldnt have been an offside call though.
- Penalty try was fair enough, even if given for the wrong reason. The Thurston high tackle should've just been a penalty but Luke Lewis knee to the head of the winger, a clear penalty, was what caused him to drop it.

We must've converted our opportunities second half I guess!

England have a good forward pack but lack polish in doing the little things right, which Australia does do (and when NZ play well they also do, unlike this internaitonal season).

I noticed in the fox menu the 4 nations game was split into two sections for some reason, I recorded both, but the first didnt seem to cut out...it ran right thru.

It really was anyones game for an hour, as Sterlo pointed out that dumb pass from JJB to an unaware winger was the turning point.....when it was time for the English key players to step up, Sinfield Chase Tomkins and the hooker failed miserably

Leagueaddict

Juniors
>It really was anyones game for an hour, as Sterlo pointed out that dumb >pass from JJB to an unaware winger was the turning point...

Yeah that's what I thought... think the score was tied at that time and the Poms just seemed to switch off?:? Up to that moment the match could have gone either way.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Fun fact, England/GB have only beaten Australia 3 times since 1998. Last time was 5 years ago.

Think they're due? Well, for you Poms, if England win, ill put an English flag in my sig, if Aus win, you put an Aussie flag in your sig. Any takers? Im looking at you spud.

taken..............and i'll put a kiwi flag in mine if we lose lol

along with " the kiwis are clearly better than england in every aspect" lol

Spud, time to pay up. And keep them there till round 1 of the NRL.

As I've mentioned earlier the only way they are going to see better results is to bring developing players over to the NRL where they can learn how to defend properly, slow down the play the ball, etc.. and bring these skills back to England only then will we see them able to compete with Australia.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
The Pom players don't need to be sent out here, what the ESL needs to do is close the gap from the top teams to the bottom teams and the results will start happening.

So much doom and gloom from so many in here :crazy:

Chook Norris

First Grade
The Pom players don't need to be sent out here, what the ESL needs to do is close the gap from the top teams to the bottom teams and the results will start happening.

So much doom and gloom from so many in here :crazy:

maybe because England havent won an international tournament against australia for like 40-50 odd years? if they aren't serious now they'll never be

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
maybe because England havent won an international tournament against australia for like 40-50 odd years? if they aren't serious now they'll never be

But they are getting serious, that's why all these club sides are getting new stadiums to make more $$ so they can spend all the cap.

A few years ago, the SL was the same 4 teams every year up the top, these days you have Hudds, Warr, Les Drags and the two Hull clubs pushing those 4 and beating them.

Salford should be the next small club to jump up.

It'll take a few seasons to stabilise, but it getting a lot closer than people think.

Chook Norris

First Grade
oh it's getting closer. But it's still so far away. The difference in class and professionalism between the two sides is just way too noticeable

England also do not have the luxury of choosing from the wealth and share of talent we have over here; having to compete heavily with soccer and union. How is grass-roots rugby league in England being addressed and is it making any significant progress?

Evil Homer

Staff member
oh it's getting closer. But it's still so far away. The difference in class and professionalism between the two sides is just way too noticeable

England also do not have the luxury of choosing from the wealth and share of talent we have over here; having to compete heavily with soccer and union. How is grass-roots rugby league in England being addressed and is it making any significant progress?
It's moving to summer next year along with juniors, which is a massive step and really should have happened a long time ago.

Disappointed for league really myself. It would have been great for the game for England to win this morning. Leon Pryce would have at least added some class in the halves. I rate him but he is very lazy and will never fulfill his potential.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
One has to feel sorry for you. Supporting 50uff$ is bad enough, but supporting the pommies as well, that's like a double whammy! :crazy:

You got the first part right. In international rugby league I support whoever is playing Australia. So I've changed allegiance 3 times in the last 3 weeks.

The Partisan

It's moving to summer next year along with juniors, which is a massive step and really should have happened a long time ago.

Sure this question has been discussed before - and as much as I agree with and applaud the move of junior comps to summer - won't it have some impact on kids who are normally involved in playing summer sports as well ? Like cricket, tennis.

Plus is the move going to occur for both club and school competitions ? Could be messy if not.

Brutus

Referee
One has to feel sorry for you. Supporting 50uff$ is bad enough, but supporting the pommies as well, that's like a double whammy! :crazy:

The ref cheated in Australia's favour when the two teams met in Melbourne last year...and the Poms got smashed there too.

Joker's Wild

Coach
As I've mentioned earlier the only way they are going to see better results is to bring developing players over to the NRL where they can learn how to defend properly, slow down the play the ball, etc.. and bring these skills back to England only then will we see them able to compete with Australia.

Sending players out here would help marginally but what would make a real difference is to both a) Start incorporating the same coaching systems and tactics used in the NRL, abd b) Set up a proper salary cap to stop the same 3-4 teams smashing the others every week.

I dunno, maybe setting up a SOO analog to pit the best v the best would be a good idea too

Latest posts