What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 nations game 7 - 4 nations final - ENG V AUS

CGD

Juniors
i know......their team was back home watching the final on tv :lol:
No quote from Peacock there. Looks like the words of a title writer. I'm glad, because I respect Peacock and it would've been a childish and just plain dumb thing to say.

Big Pete

Referee
shame he does'nt have a team around him at the cowboys eh? lol

I wouldn't be so sure.

They're finally getting it right on the field North Queensland and their recruitment and retention was first class last season focussing primarily on locals and class juniors who are set to have big careers in the NRL.

Pretty much a good side from top to bottom and success is not impossible.

maccattack

Juniors
Maybe England should set up something like an allstars game. Not like ours but a best of the best clash with the two teams voted on by the fans. Might engage the public and create some competition for spots in the national team.

Just throwing it out there

typicalfan

Coach
I wouldn't be so sure.

They're finally getting it right on the field North Queensland and their recruitment and retention was first class last season focussing primarily on locals and class juniors who are set to have big careers in the NRL.

Pretty much a good side from top to bottom and success is not impossible.
Tariq Sims would have beaten Tony Williams to an Australian jersey if he was fit IMO

Big Pete

Referee
But then one has to wonder what kind of impact Tariq would have had on the finals.

Manly weren't all the impressive against the Cowboys until they eventually blew them away - it would have been interesting to see how a gamebreaker like Tariq would have played.

roughyedspud

Coach
:lol: Who do you support big man?

OLDHAM RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB

the 8th most successful RL club in Britain......which considering we've not won anything since 1957 goes to show how massive we used to be

Last edited:

Didgi

OLDHAM RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB

the 8th most successful RL in Britain......which considering we've not won anything since 1957 goes to show how massive we used to be

:lol::lol:I knew you must've been an Oldham fan, but you don't support a team in the top flight and further you're England's version of Souffs?

lol@bitterspud

roughyedspud

Coach
:lol::lol:I knew you must've been an Oldham fan,

your a genius........how did you figure that out?? im baffled

but you don't support a team in the top flight

are you mad? supporting another team??? f**king silly idea...jog on lad

and further you're England's version of Souffs?

lol@bitterspud

i have actually compared oldham to souths in the past......so guilty as charged !

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
I thought the bang on the head explained everything 'spud? How many flights of stairs did you fall down as a kid?

WJ

Juniors
Absolutly gutted.

How could I be so stupid to actually think we could win?

Well done australia, you are just too good for us, again.

I bet you think we are a right set of clowns, year, after year, only to be crushed in the big game and for you to pat us on the head and say 'well done'.

I don't know where we go from here.

Ah well to the world cup 2013. Aus or NZ to win? :(

WJ

Juniors
Maybe England should set up something like an allstars game. Not like ours but a best of the best clash with the two teams voted on by the fans. Might engage the public and create some competition for spots in the national team.

Just throwing it out there

Suggestions like this have been done to death.

The simple fact is australia have a better competition with better players.

Normally, that shouldn't prevent england from putting 17 players on the field that can win.

But rugby league is a ruthless unforgiving sport. Any slight deficiency can result in a big difference on the scoreboard.

In other sports like football and union you can paper over those type of cracks. In rugby league theres no hiding place.

If australia always turn up from 1-17 and play their ability for the full 80 it's very very hard for england to win because they can't reach those levels.

roughyedspud

Coach
I thought the bang on the head explained everything 'spud? How many flights of stairs did you fall down as a kid?

about a year ago in my local a woman came upto me and said.. " i used to babysit you" i obviously did'nt have a clue...then she said " don't worry i only dropped you once" :lol: