What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4nations | Australia v England | aami park | sun 2nd nov

meltiger

First Grade
Yeah smith, inglis, parker, bird, cronk, dce, cordner, jennings, scott, thaiday, papallo are d team and never played for the kangaroos before

They played like Aistralia's D team. Not sure ive seen a worse Australian side in my lifetime

That last try .... On its own you could accept it, but after having awarded the Jennings try in the first half?

& lol @ Ozbash given what went on in the other game

I'm happy for that to be no try. Even Hall did not believe he scored. At normal speed it never looked like a try but it did look like a finger nail may of brushed the ball when it was on the ground. But for me there was no downward pressure.

pcpp

Juniors
Fascinating final round of fixtures coming up - technically all four teams could still qualify.

NZ 4 (+20)
England 2 (+2)
Australia 2 (-14)
Samoa 0 (-8)

If England beat NZ, Samoa are knocked out and Australia will know exactly how much they need to beat Samoa by to qualify for the Final. An England win by 10 points or more guarantees a finals place. A England win by less than that and NZ qualify, and Australia qualifies if they overhaul Samoa by at least 17-25 points (depending on the size of England's victory).

If NZ beat England - NZ are in and England, Samoa and Australia could all still technically qualify. If Australia win, they qualify. If Samoa win, Australia are out and they will qualify as long as their P/D is better than England - currently 10 points but subject to change depending on the size of the England loss.

Last edited:

league13

Juniors
The aussies have commited some dispicable acts to win, the worst being the underhand ball when playing the Kiwi's. No doubt there is plenty more to come.

Bazal

Post Whore
England choked, they played rubbish in the second half. Had they played the way they did in the first forty they would have won comfortably. Both sides were ordinary on the whole.

As the last try, correct call. Even Hall wasn't claiming it, that's fairly telling.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Barba got a try with less downwards pressure a few years ago for the Dogs but England had the chances to win before that point. it shouldn't have come down to a last minute try.

Frailty

First Grade
My thoughts on the try/no try:

If there wasn't specification on 'downward pressure' and simply grounding the ball - I'd argue it was a try.

However, there was simply no downward pressure. The ball was continuing it's normal upward motion (not caused by placing the ball down). So no try.

Either way, it didn't look like a try, it shouldn't be a try.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If that was the nrl queue a solid week of whinging from coaches, media and pundits. Correct me if im wrong isnt the video ref sutton australian as well?

adamkungl

Immortal
Satisfying to no one really.

Roos half arsed their way to another underserved victory.
England couldnt close out yet another game.

International RL is the loser again.

geordie_saint

Juniors
Even Hall did not believe he scored.

When Hall was interviewed post-game, he stated he knew he got something on it but wasn't sure at the time but when watching it on the video, he thought it was a try. Same consensus from every commentator I have seen, including Ian Milkward and Robbie Paul.

100%green

Juniors
The issue with this weekend is they had a Kiwi in charge yesterday & an Aussie in charge today. You want a impartial game that should have been swapped round.

England & Samoa missed one tackle that mattered and that's it. But today's officiating was shocking. The Aussies rarely played the ball on the mark. The ruck was woeful slow from both sides which should have been penalised. Sutton gave a penalty to England in the 1st half for DCE having his hand on the ball but then coached both sides the rest of the game when they same thing happened.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
notry_zps0063110e.jpg

bent as f**k....australia should be f**king ashamed of themselves

I hear you, but...

Assuming the on field ref ruled no try, you would need > 50% compelling evidence that it was a try, and I don't think the evidence is that compelling, maybe 5-10% at best.

If tries are ruled on like this, where would it stop? Slow-mo, zoomed shots, ball flight tracker, sensors in the ball? It just goes on and on and wastes more and more time.

Take some consolation in that fact that Australia are being flogged in the cricket.