What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4nations | Australia v England | aami park | sun 2nd nov

maccattack

Juniors
Old mate reckons England would have won if Sammy Burgess was there. Whaddaya reckon?

Did Sams decision to split cost his country a win?

You also would have won if you were Australia.
But you're not, so you lost.
Like always.
Australia just owns England.
England is Australia's bitch.

Doomednow

Bench
I was never English. Some great great grandparents might have been Irish or Scottish.

I married an English bird though. So not only are we better then you at sport, we are more attractive to your women.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
You also would have won if you were Australia.
But you're not, so you lost.
Like always.
Australia just owns England.
England is Australia's bitch.

There are more Olympic medals in Yorkshire than Australia, so more accurately, when it comes to sport, Australia is Yorkshire's bitch. Eyyyye up

strong_latte

Juniors
Just for the fun, this no-try in the England-NZ union game yesterday was ruled a knock-on, no downward pressure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aUgoZCpq_lc#t=900

Yeah I saw that - that was a bloody good match too actually. Both League and Union England v NZ matches tend to have something special about them. The whole White verse Black thing kinda looks cool - something that looks better in the Union because the kits are solids.

While I'm on that, NZ and England could do with a better kit maker than ISC and BLK ... they look low quality. The Kangaroos look better in their CCC jerseys than the old cheap looking "classics" tops (which look like arse).

I know it's a superficial thing, but it's a prestige thing, and the top rep teams should have a better class of kits. Get ASICS (not the team who did the wallabies - get the guys who did the boks), Addidas or CCC to do them

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Can't agree more. All of that counts psychologically and league tests need all the prestige they can get. Many simple things like that add up to make a big difference.

I'd prefer to see all-white referees as in the Eng v Aus test rather than the bright pink flouro jobs.

RoosTah

Juniors
Can't agree more. All of that counts psychologically and league tests need all the prestige they can get. Many simple things like that add up to make a big difference.

I'd prefer to see all-white referees as in the Eng v Aus test rather than the bright pink flouro jobs.

Agree as well. That England v NZ 4N match was an absolute classic - like games between those two so often are - and it deserves to have all the trimmings.

England's new Canterbury kit in the Union looks pretty awesome, and so does the new Adidas kit for the ABs - they just highlight them as being premium teams. Latte is right that Kangaroos have a similar feel to them now (whilst the Wallabies have look like rejects in pretty well every jersey since '03), but both NZ and Eng in League look like poor cousins with their cheaper looking brands.

I kinda feel that way about the Blues in Origin though tbh - those classic jerseys they were just look like some imitation trash you'd buy at Lowes. The design is all over the shop too - Waratahs jersey is how it should be done - just go with an old-school sky blue and cut all the panel crap out.

Latest posts