What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI: Australia v India at Adelaide Feb 12, 2012

TheParraboy

Staff member
We are back into it in a couple of days time

Team India to win this one. Short turn around from Australia, they will be flat and drained from the SL game. India fresh and raring to go, best fielding side in the world according to ravi shastri

Sachin ton coming up as well. Im really extra confident he will get it here

Cheers

beads6

First Grade
Apparently Hussey and Ponting are basically refusing rests. This is going to be interesting to see who they drop.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Apparently Hussey and Ponting are basically refusing rests. This is going to be interesting to see who they drop.
I heard Ponting was having a rest so Forrest could get a game, why is he still in the one day side???? We don't play a WC cup for over 3 years??? He should have been told test's only FFS!! Didn't know he still called the shots????? After the two years of shit he served up he has no right to be telling them what he can and can't do.....

aussies1st

Staff member
Mitch Marsh will be in as well unless our selectors have completely lost the plot and named him in the side for absolutely no reason at all.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mitch Marsh will be in as well unless our selectors have completely lost the plot and named him in the side for absolutely no reason at all.

Rested for the first 3 ODI's- to play a Shield match. Marsh will alternate with Christian for the remaining games after this match.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Well in their defence they did have the T20 series off. I can see them resting Warner at some stage though

TheParraboy

Staff member
I heard Ponting was having a rest so Forrest could get a game, why is he still in the one day side???? We don't play a WC cup for over 3 years??? He should have been told test's only FFS!! Didn't know he still called the shots????? After the two years of shit he served up he has no right to be telling them what he can and can't do.....

You will feel better on Swisse

649551-ponting.jpg

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Dan Christian and Matthew Wade have improved the fielding of an already very good fielding side.

Wade has to replace Scissorhands Permanently I'm not into resting or alternating between players. Right now Christian has done enough to warrant his position in the side, if he fails then replace him.

The adelaide pitch and short square boundaries may be the place to kickstart Sehwag provided he's not rested.

They've always been quick to bring in the young players in the ODI's which is fair enough but if these two are refusing rests after their shit batting yesterday they should be dropped anyway

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
They've always been quick to bring in the young players in the ODI's which is fair enough but if these two are refusing rests after their shit batting yesterday they should be dropped anyway

I'd like to know Hussey and Ponting's plans in one day cricket. You'd have to assume that they're not sticking around for the world cup so now is the time to retire from the format and let new blood in.

IanG

Coach
Points Table after Round 1
P W L BP Pts NRR
Australia 2 2 0 1 9 +0.854
India 2 1 1 0 4 -0.582
Sri Lanka 2 0 2 0 0 -0.220

typicalfan

Coach
Hussey would be a player I would pick in an all time Australian ODI team. Would get there ahead of Bevan as well. Just a more allround batsman and a much better field. Sad to say because Bevan is one of my all time favs. I think Hussey should be kept on for a while yet. Ponting might be looking at retiring soon if it keeps him going in the test team.

Last edited:
I don't know about that. Bevan won numerous games batting with the tail. His century against the Kiwis was a master class and in the context of the match one of the greatest innings ever. I'd have both in my team tbh.

I'd like to know Hussey and Ponting's plans in one day cricket. You'd have to assume that they're not sticking around for the world cup so now is the time to retire from the format and let new blood in.

Especially with a tough schedule coming up next summer with crammed test and ODI's.

Latest posts