What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 24-28, 2012

Well I guess the obvious answer is to move Punter, Clarke and Huss up the order and slot Watson in at 6 ... unless George Bailey will also be a surprise selection as Test skipper.

:lol:

I think it'd be unfair to move Ponting again. I do prefer Watson at 6 than 3 though.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well in Ponting certainly found some consistency again and unlike some other players his career saving knocks have come throughout the series.

aqua_duck

Coach
I never saw Geoff Marsh play but from what I've beard he was technically alot more limited than Shaun Marsh but ironically he'll probably go down as the superior batsman

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I never saw Geoff Marsh play but from what I've beard he was technically alot more limited than Shaun Marsh but ironically he'll probably go down as the superior batsman
Swampy was a struggler, who worked hard for everything he got unlike his flash Harry son.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I used to love watching Swampy scoring 100 off 140 balls in ODIs. :sarcasm:

This Indian keeper looks very capable with the gloves.

beads6

First Grade
Good partnership brewing here. Punter looks pretty good today. We need runs from the rest of our line up to put us in a good position.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Tubby in the canary yellow, hands on hips at slip chewing gum, one of the great sights in world cricket.

These two looking good for a massive partnership.

yappy

Bench
I used to love watching Swampy scoring 100 off 140 balls in ODIs. :sarcasm:

This Indian keeper looks very capable with the gloves.

tbf 220 was a very good ODI score in those days. 250 was pretty much game over. Swampy was a seriously good ODI batsmen for those times. Until the Lankans targetted the opening overs in 96 60 was considered a good effort in the first 15.

In tests though he was a struggler. Not only didn't score many, he took a long time to make them, so not much turning over the strike. Still has a better average than his son. ;-)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeah, yappy, fair enough about swampy. The game then was about one player being an anchor and the rest of the batsmen scoring quickly around him and marsh did that job very well.

No 1st slip is unforgivable. Sharma is bowling well but as usual far too short. He's got natural bounce that troubles batsmen so he should pitch it up ffs.

Latest posts