What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 24-28, 2012

Chip Bayless

Juniors
I am a fan of Phil Hughes..

But until he can develop a pull shot he shouldn't be anywhere near the Australian XI..

He gets out consistently knicking balls that Australian batsmen look to pull..

As too am I. I am not giving up this guy. Hughes needs this spell out of the side to work on his game that is in all sorts. Mentally he will be stronger for it as will his game. The alternate is he has played his last Test though I'd bet against that.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Cowan
Warner
Hussey
Ponting
Clarke
Christian
Wade
Harris
Hilfenhaus
Starc
Lyon

Wouldn't mind trying a couple of things now that the series is won. Hussey to 3 just for the one test. He played well when he scored that 150, but I want him to keep up that momentum and get some time in the middle.

I'd like to see Christian come in. He's been around for a while and is a good player. Can bat and bowl, hits the ball pretty well and I want to see how he goes. He's worth a shot I think, even just to increase our depth a bit more.

Haddin to be dropped. It's time to get our future keeper in the side, if only for a game or two. With Paine's future in doubt, we really need to start figuring out who is good enough. Wade has potential, but potential means nothing if he can't produce on the big stage.

Keep Harris, Hilfenhaus and Starc there. See if they can't keep up their momentum a bit.

Lyon back in. Keep persevering with him. Spinners need that bit of perseverance.

Hallatia

Referee
MS Dhoni banned for one Test after India are fined for maintaining a slow over-rate in third Test at Perth. :crazy:

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Not a bad thing Hallatia. Dhoni as a leader when under the pump goes missing. Terribly disappointing series from their captain. When he is needed most, he offers little.

Hallatia

Referee
he has been at risk of being banned for a game for several months now. Everyone was certain he would end up missing one of the England tests, but he improved the over rates.

I wonder if India will put Dravid behind the stumps in his absence

aussies1st

Staff member
With that in mind, Clarke said out-of-form duo Shaun Marsh and Brad Haddin should be given another chance to prove themselves in the fourth Test in Adelaide.

"I think they're a big part of team, that's for sure.

"Shaun scored a Test hundred against Sri Lanka, he's got a hell of a lot of talent (and) he's a big player for us. I know he'd like a few more runs, but I'm confident he'll get those in Adelaide.

"And Brad's the same. He's taken some good catches again today, he's probably not making as many runs as he would like, but he's vice-captain of this side at the moment and a very experienced player for us.

"So I guess I'll speak to the selectors as I do at the end of every game, but in my mind I think they're two very important players for us going forward."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...-and-brad-haddin/story-fn2mcu3x-1226244809211

Hallatia

Referee
Clarke is very cloak and dagger though, so it mightn't mean anything. It was him suggesting 4 quicks for Sydney

beads6

First Grade
Maybe India should bring back Harbahjan to be keeper?? he is just the mongrel they need??