What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 24-28, 2012

beads6

First Grade
Gee the poms are cocky. Michael Vaughan claims they have 2 seam bowling attacks that are better than our 1???

undertaker

Coach
Huh? I don't understand. They said "Welcome to Adelaide viewers for the first time today". I thought that blackouts on matches that don't sell-out were removed a few years ago???? Us folk here in Sydney got the whole Sydney test.

superdog

Juniors
Huh? I don't understand. They said "Welcome to Adelaide viewers for the first time today". I thought that blackouts on matches that don't sell-out were removed a few years ago???? Us folk here in Sydney got the whole Sydney test.

that new rule only applies in sydney and melbourne

undertaker

Coach
VFL f**ks another cricket ground

Well, Adelaide has always been a flat track, so it doesn't matter so much. However, what was of MORE concern was the AFL wanting drop-in pitches for the SCG and the Gabba (i remember reading an article about this not so long ago). Now, these two grounds have generally given the bowlers something to work with over the years (SCG for spinner, Gabba for pace/swing bowlers). Drop-in pitches at these two venues pretty much is going to kill the quality of cricket there, especially test matches.

But, yeah, I see your point. However, Adelaide/Port Adelaide moving their matches to Adelaide Oval was the main reason for the re-development. More tenants = more incentive to upgrade. They wouldn't have done it just for cricket.

undertaker

Coach
that new rule only applies in sydney and melbourne

Oh ok. I didn't know that. I thought that 2005/06 was the first season where the tv blackouts were removed (well, I know that was the first year that Sydney folk got to fully see the SCG test on non-sellout days, rather than in past years where only the 3rd session was shown). I know that was the rule before for tests and ODIS: Non-sell out days for tests meant only third session of a test was shown and only the first two hours of an ODI were shown in the host city (with 1hr highlights shown at about 11:30pm later that evening).

TheParraboy

Staff member
India 2/98, 402 to go. Im a bit worried.

Dravid and Tendulkar big big tons here, they are due
Laxman will do well

Game to go down to the very fine wire

Cheers

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Remember when Tendulkar used to pummel Shane Warne to all corners? Yet nowadays he's treating Nathan Lyon like he's bowling hand grenades.

undertaker

Coach
I love living on the Goldy..

We miss nothing here..

When I lived in the Hunter region until 2005, that was the same. The only thing that was missed was that the first 7-8 overs during the 2nd innings of a day/night ODIs on a weekday were missed due to A Current Affair or the news. Otherwise, there were no broadcasting blackouts at all.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
India 2/98, 402 to go. Im a bit worried.

Dravid and Tendulkar big big tons here, they are due
Laxman will do well

Game to go down to the very fine wire

Cheers

\\\\:D/\\\\:D/:alcho:

See ya Dravid..

At least he didn't get bowled..:sarcasm:

The referrals are ridiculous now..