What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 24-28, 2012

undertaker

Coach
seriously, it's either one way or the other: you either have the DRS (preferably. If you have technlology, use it. You may say it's not 100% accurate, but it will definitely eliminate the "howlers") or u don't use it, not a 50/50 situation where some things are checked and others are not (and an addendum to that: where some sides get checked and others don't). If you're going to check solely for a no-ball and you cannot detect it as an umpire, then get rid of umpires then

Last edited:

Horrie Is God

First Grade
When I lived in the Hunter region until 2005, that was the same. The only thing that was missed was that the first 7-8 overs during the 2nd innings of a day/night ODIs on a weekday were missed due to A Current Affair or the news. Otherwise, there were no broadcasting blackouts at all.

We don't even have that problem as there is no daylight savings in Qld..And we get 9 & NBN..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well f**k me dead, lets just review all the Indian wickets for no balls

eventually they might get one

Leagueaddict

Juniors
This is seriously starting to S*** me this checking for no balls for every dismissal!!! WTF do the umps get paid for out there?

undertaker

Coach
We don't even have that problem as there is no daylight savings in Qld..And we get 9 & NBN..

It was only a minor thing (given that we didn't have any broadcasting blackouts like the cities did), but still annoyed me though. Glad that they're scrapped the crappy, tabloid ACA now when day/night ODI's are played. Used to annoy me when we missed the first 30 mins, and either wickets had already fallen or Gilly et al. had tonked several 4's and 6's by the time we got the coverage at 7pm. Brisbane didn't get the coverage of the 2nd innings until 8pm AEDST, so they would've missed about 20 or so overs by then.

undertaker

Coach
This is seriously starting to S*** me this checking for no balls for every dismissal!!! WTF do the umps get paid for out there?

I'd say about $5000 a test match, which is significantly less than what the Aussie players get (about $13000/home test match). Still, if you're getting about $1000/day (on average assuming a test goes for 5 days), that's still not good enough saying that you cannot see where the foot is landing.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
I'd say about $5000 a test match, which is significantly less than what the Aussie players get (about $13000/home test match). Still, if you're getting about $1000/day (on average assuming a test goes for 5 days), that's still not good enough saying that you cannot see where the foot is landing.

yeah pretty F****** fundamental :?

undertaker

Coach
I know Dravid has achieved a lot for India and was one of the major forces in the Indian side that led to their rise starting back in the late '90s, but this surely has to be the end of the road for him at 39 yrs of age after having an abysmal series. If I was an Indian selector, I'd be giving him the tap on the shoulder. This also has to be Laxman's last chance as well. He won't get better batting conditions to get a big score than this pitch