What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at SCG Jan 3-7 2019 - MATCH DRAWN

typicalfan

Coach
Come on Baz. Out of everyone on this forum I would have thought that you agree that first innings runs are extremely vital. It’s drilled in to you at representative level from u/11’s right though to first grade. First innings runs take all the pressure off.
The majority of these competitions are decided by one innings each and at best if you bat and bowl well you could go for an outright win if the rules allow which is bonus points so first innings are of course prioritised.

Even FC cricket is 4 days not 5 so that also puts higher priority on first innings.

I mean you won't get a coach saying don't worry you can get them in the second innings in U13s.

Seriously how many chances do the selectors want to give the Marsh brothers? They are about as dependable as Jim Higgs and Rodney Hogg with the bat.

gordsy

Juniors
The results we are getting at the moment come back to selectors with agendas and a state comp that doesn't produce tough cricketers, specifically a glut of batsmen who can score a tonne of runs against quality bowling.

Given the pics floating round the net that seem to be of JL's daughter I can understand why people are so keen to be part of the boys club

Last edited:
Lyon mentioned during a lunch interview that Australia was the only country in the world that didn’t doctor wickets which may be true, but others blaming the wickets for our demise are in denial,our opening bowlers were rubbish so to our batsmen,the Indians however were better in all departments and deserved the winning outcome.