What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5TH ASHES TEST: @ The Oval London July 26-30, 2023

Eelectrica

Referee
Did you see the levers on Hazza Brook? This English team invented levers and his set is top drawer. Moral victory to England despite no ramps.
Impressive levers indeed. We’ve still got Mitch ‘levers’ Marsh to come. Best levers this side of the Hemisphere.

Also Davey with another innings to come. Scored a first day hundred by lunch once. Bazballing before bazballing was even invented.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Check out this diplodocus:

ECB chair calls for 'flexibility' in Test schedules to avoid future wash-outs

"Thompson said: "I will talk to Greg Barclay, the chair of the ICC, for sure, just in the sense of him understanding what England has done to Test cricket. We've elevated that format and reinvented the way Test cricket has been played now."

Bazal

Post Whore
Check out this diplodocus:

ECB chair calls for 'flexibility' in Test schedules to avoid future wash-outs

"Thompson said: "I will talk to Greg Barclay, the chair of the ICC, for sure, just in the sense of him understanding what England has done to Test cricket. We've elevated that format and reinvented the way Test cricket has been played now."

f**k me. Smugger than a Penrith fan topping George Clooney

undertaker

Coach
Works for me. A 200+ first innings lead should be achievable.
Today (day 2) will go a long way in determining if Australia will win the series.

They did well yesterday to wear off the new ball losing only one wicket, and this is their golden opportunity to bat England out of the contest. Still 4 days of play left (thanks to England getting bowled out within 55 overs).

JJ

Immortal
Maybe that he is claiming to be this spiritual keeper of the game since taking over as NZ as captain and as english coach has irked the Aussies.
Given his history, it irks a lot of Kiwis too... Williamson, Boult and others much more authentic tbh

Eelectrica

Referee
Today (day 2) will go a long way in determining if Australia will win the series.

They did well yesterday to wear off the new ball losing only one wicket, and this is their golden opportunity to bat England out of the contest. Still 4 days of play left (thanks to England getting bowled out within 55 overs).
Yeah. Gotta think Ali won’t be bowling much, or at all possibly with a groin strain.
That leaves a lot of overs for their aging bowlers to bowl. Rack up the miles on those legs should see batting get easier.

bazza

Immortal

Australia's highest total of the series so far has been 416 at Lords
would be nice to see that beaten here

Showtime

Juniors
Warner will definitely be picked for the ODI WC, given his good form in that format over the past summer.

However, the test series vs Pakistan is another matter altogether. Warner's selection in this will heavily depend on how the opening state batsmen go in the first 6 rounds of Sheffield Shield (which overlaps with the ODI World Cup and T20 series vs India) before the first test starts on December 14. One of those Shield batsmen needs to have an absolute blinder to put the heat on Warner.

Just as a point of reference, here were the stats from the last Shield season:

It’s almost an ideal series to blood a new opener but given that it’ll likely be Harris or Bancroft I might lean with Warner beating up on an average attack before calling it a day.

Showtime

Juniors
Not sure why Patty didn't keep Murphy on when Wood and Woakes came in.
I don’t think he has complete confidence in Murphy. He’s gone from having Lyon who I imagine runs his own show when it comes to field placing but Murphy doesn’t have that level of trust yet.

f**k me. Smugger than a Penrith fan topping George Clooney
Looking forward to England announcing that next year they are hosting three 5 match test series, playing Afghanistan, Zimbabwe and the West Indies, before going on the road around the US, playing a three test series in New York, Chicago and La against a barbarians side.

bazza

Immortal
Looking forward to England announcing that next year they are hosting three 5 match test series, playing Afghanistan, Zimbabwe and the West Indies, before going on the road around the US, playing a three test series in New York, Chicago and La against a barbarians side.
close - they have a 3 match home test series against WI and SL in 2024