What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5TH ASHES TEST: @ The Oval London July 26-30, 2023

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Weird stuff.

We dropped 4 catches (Smith's was half a chance) and probably should have rolled them for around 200. Yet England didn't take advantage, they could easily be batting still and racking up a huge score but bazball.

1/61. A good start and the task foe tomorrow is simple: bat all day.

England will claim the moral victory but we are slightly on top.

JJ

Immortal
Aust well on top. Just need to bat normally

Amazed at how Baz annoys Australians, again I’m not a fan especially, and inflexible Bazball seems rather pointless to me. But pretty clear that they are much more competitive than they were, albeit still haven’t achieved much of substance and were coming from an awfully low baseline so were always going to improve

simmo1

First Grade

Amazed at how Baz annoys Australians, again I’m not a fan especially, and inflexible Bazball seems rather pointless to me. But pretty clear that they are much more competitive than they were, albeit still haven’t achieved much of substance and were coming from an awfully low baseline so were always going to improve

Doesn't annoy, so much as make the eyes roll to the back of the head. England are playing better, but they (and Baz) are not the first team to play counter attacking cricket. They have yet to beat anyone good playing this style either.

Sort of like if the Wallabies beat Argentina and Italy playing Quade-ball or something, I am sure there would be plenty of skepticism in NZ.

simmo1

First Grade
Weird stuff.

We dropped 4 catches (Smith's was half a chance) and probably should have rolled them for around 200. Yet England didn't take advantage, they could easily be batting still and racking up a huge score but bazball.

Their innings seemed similar to our first innings at Old Trafford. Very wasteful on a decent enough batting track. Need to put them away tomorrow.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I feel he has this quiet smugness about him.

I actually loved him as a player.

He was an inferior version to Gilly but was entertaining to watch I loved watching him bat in full flight. I would watch kiwi games to watch McCullum in the middle.

Maybe that he is claiming to be this spiritual keeper of the game since taking over as NZ as captain and as english coach has irked the Aussies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Never liked him. Always came off as a sly prick.

Was great on flat tracks and postage sramps when the pressure was off, shit anywhere or anytime else.

Probably make an all time XI for the kiwis but that's not really that hard.

Bazal

Post Whore
On top but the match could literally be over. Cowardly captaincy and tactics right from ball one. Ridiculous.

How does John Wayne Murphy only get 6 overs? Actually how does a bowling captain not back his bowlers, with disgusting fields and a spinner he refuses to use?

JamesRustle

First Grade
I feel he has this quiet smugness about him.

I actually loved him as a player.

He was an inferior version to Gilly but was entertaining to watch I loved watching him bat in full flight. I would watch kiwi games to watch McCullum in the middle.

Maybe that he is claiming to be this spiritual keeper of the game since taking over as NZ as captain and as english coach has irked the Aussies.
If he's the one that's introduced the bucket hats to the pommy uniform, then that's another cross... just enhances his rebellious teenager look and makes them look like surfer wannabes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Amazed at how Baz annoys Australians

I think its pretty funny how the poms (and others) think that it annoys us. Ever since thier day 1 declaration its blown up in their face and we really haven't seen much Bazball in this series

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
On top but the match could literally be over. Cowardly captaincy and tactics right from ball one. Ridiculous.

How does John Wayne Murphy only get 6 overs? Actually how does a bowling captain not back his bowlers, with disgusting fields and a spinner he refuses to use?

the story of our Ashes so far, yet in spite of Cummins we still retain/win the Ashes

Eelectrica

Referee
Bazball has had one big day out when Captain clueless melted down and the game ended up being washed out. If we field better and give Murphy more than 6 overs it’s possible we’re in much better shape.

Still to knock them over for under 300 is better than I was expecting. Hope labs and Usi keep it going. We’ve got all the time in the world. Take runs on offer, grind their bowlers down.

bazza

Immortal
Weird stuff.

with the dropped catches from Australia I put us at 1 down trailing by 100 to be ahead in the "feels like" Ashes

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We can only work out the moral victories after counting the number of ramp shots played.
Joe Root, big disappointment. Thought he might ramp his way to 200. Couldn’t even get a Quiney
Did you see the levers on Hazza Brook? This English team invented levers and his set is top drawer. Moral victory to England despite no ramps.

Latest posts