What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI - Aus v NZ @ Sporting Capital Sydney

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Was last night a concern? Does our top order die without Punter? Will our bowling be enough to get us through if we f**k up with the bat?

Lots of questions to be answered at the SCG tomorrow.

Still, Aus by 3 wickets.

salivor

First Grade
Only Oram has been added to the team so I'd say we'll still struggle. Styris is staying back in NZ after a hamstring injury and Mills isn't expected to play.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hope your wrong guys,

at least Oram's return is something positive

ozbash

Referee
salivor said:
Only Oram has been added to the team so I'd say we'll still struggle. Styris is staying back in NZ after a hamstring injury and Mills isn't expected to play.

is this new news jerms ? iheard yesterday that scotty will be there...

Eelementary

Post Whore
We'll be right.

Binga and Pigeon will be better off for the match-practice - particularly Lee.

I reckon that sometimes it's harder to chase a low score, such as 155, than a high score, because the batsmen tend to relax. And relaxed batsmen are a big no-no. And that's what happened last night - though credit to the Poms for bringing the fight to the Aussies.

salivor

First Grade
ozbash said:
is this new news jerms ? iheard yesterday that scotty will be there...

Yep, he pulled out of Auckland's match against Canterbury as he felt a twinge in his calf muscle.

douglasallen91 said:
scotty has a calf strain, oram won't be their tommorrow

Yeah I saw that, he's flying to Adeaide for the England match. So that's all 3 who won't be playing tomorrow, it's going to be the same team though Bond may still not play. It's going to be a masacre.

Coleman said:
Patel and Vettori are still there, who Aussie have struggled to hit. Gillespie played well in the other match against Aussie.

Seriously, no one has got 300 in this series, so why not wait till a team gets to that score rather than constantly talking about 400s.

salivor

First Grade
Australia won't get close to 400, our bowling attack is fine, it's just the batting that we are going to struggle with, reaching even 200 is an issue right now.

MKEB...

Staff member
Will tweedle-dum persist with persist with McCullum up the order?

I got a bolter, How about Andre Adams up the order?

Tom Shines

First Grade
Why not? McCullum is a liability at the top. He is more suited to middle order, and at least that will provide some protection for the lower order.
Like Vettori and Franklin are okay bats, but not at 7 and 8.