What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI - Aus v NZ @ Sporting Capital Sydney

salivor

First Grade
Does Fleming think this is f**ken test match cricket? He's left more than he's played so far, really leading from the front. I guess the plan is that if we don't try to hit the ball we can't knick it and then hope like hell we can defend a total of about 50.

aussies1st

Staff member
Amazing bowling by Lee I would say most teams would have struggled with him in that form.
Too bad Johnson didn't play he wanted the 150km/h and this would be the place to do it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
salivor said:
Does Fleming think this is f**ken test match cricket? He's left more than he's played so far, really leading from the front. I guess the plan is that if we don't try to hit the ball we can't knick it and then hope like hell we can defend a total of about 50.

Flems just real relaxed atm
flem.gif

Blaze

Juniors
salivor said:

wtf? we are 2 down and Lee is on fire. It's not exactly easy out there.

salivor

First Grade
Blaze said:
wtf? we are 2 down and Lee is on fire. It's not exactly easy out there.

Actually watch the game. He left about 3 in a row from Bracken, one of them was wide and there to be hit and the other was right on his off-stump. Before Taylor just went off the run rate was under 2 because Fleming has shown no intent at all to score. It's one day cricket, you can't just leave half the deliveries and let the bowler get on top of you and bog you down.

wittyfan

Referee
NZ just need to make sure they bat out the 50 overs and cobble together a reasonable total.

salivor

First Grade
Batting the 50 overs and just cobbling together a reasonable total isn't enough against Australia particularly when we've got a weak bowling attack today.

salivor

First Grade
I'd much rather see us go for it an fall in a heap than just aim for a respectable loss.

wittyfan

Referee
Australia were 3/10 against Sri Lanka last season before making 368 so who knows what can happen!

Blaze

Juniors
salivor said:
Actually watch the game. He left about 3 in a row from Bracken, one of them was wide and there to be hit and the other was right on his off-stump. Before Taylor just went off the run rate was under 2 because Fleming has shown no intent at all to score. It's one day cricket, you can't just leave half the deliveries and let the bowler get on top of you and bog you down.

You also need to make sure you don't lose a 3rd wicket while the openers are still on...