What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Austalia vs England at SCG Jan 3-7 2011

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You expect a top 4 batsman when he can't play the old ball or against spin? Doesn't sound like he is much of a top 4 and his concentration beyond 2 hours and horrendous running between wickets confirms it.

We won't mention Stephen Fleming and Chris Pringle either.

Underarm. Australia wins the most unsporting moment in not only Antipodean cricket, but probably world cricket.

The fact it happened against the sheep f**kers makes it better. Point was you sheep f**kers have produced some filth yourselves you're not the cleanskins you make out.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The fact it happened against the sheep f**kers makes it better. Point was you sheep f**kers have produced some filth yourselves you're not the cleanskins you make out.

A bump ball compared to bowling underarm, smashing the stumps and claiming it was bowled, or Dyer picking a ball up from the ground and claiming a catch?

Mate, look like angels compared to those dog llllloverrrr acts.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Tournament strategy fathered by Steve Waugh. To be honest; I never had a massive issue with what Steve Waugh did. I blame tournament organisers who allow it to be more beneficial to a team to not win comprehensively as an advantage.

err Steve Waugh won you idiot

your lawn bowls team lost. just like your cricket team did a few years ago

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Oh and to the mod who deleted my post about Haddin, thats really soft and I think you're just a little over sensitive. There was nothing defamatory in that blog. It was an honest opinion reasonably drawn from the facts.

Fact: Haddins gloves dislodged the bail.
Fact: Haddin claims Broom is bowled when the ball never hit the wicket.

Hmmmmmm......

Victorians who bowled combined average = 16 wickets @ 44.12

James Anderson = 23 wickets @ 26.69

Actually, all Australian bowlers 55 wickets for 2768 = 51.26

NSW bowlers 4 for 504 @126
Other states 51 for 2264 @ 44.39

So while all the bowling was crap, the NSW bowlers were especially crap. The Vics were actually slightly better than average.

In batting:

NSW batsmen 1376 runs @ 30.58
Others 1073 @ 24.39.

Both sh*thouse, but given NSW were mostly top order bats, that is especially poor

yappy

Bench
I said before a ball was bowled that I hoped we got rolled 5-0 and frankly I'm disappointed we didn't. Obviously as a fan I would have loved to see Hughes and/or Smith come into the side and score big and turn it around for the team but they weren't able to. But lets be serious here, both were life preservers thrown onto the deck of the Titanic long after she'd hit the iceberg.

The seeds of this debacle were sown in 2009 when Stuart Clark was the only one made to pay a price for the Ashes loss. I was far from the only one who said that then was the time we had to seriously look at a major regeneration of the side, but instead of giving young players a chance to develop against the likes of Pakistan, New Zealand and the Windies we stuck with the same old proven failures. We may still have ended up losing, but we would have been much closer to having a side ready for 2012 and beyond.

We've been handed a cricket lesson by a team that has been better prepared, better skilled, better disciplined, better led and better chosen. Well done to England. The really could challenge the top two with the side they currently have. If a quality replacement comes in for Collingwood they really will be without any weak links.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Actually, all Australian bowlers 55 wickets for 2768 = 51.26

NSW bowlers 4 for 504 @126
Other states 51 for 2264 @ 44.39

So while all the bowling was crap, the NSW bowlers were especially crap. The Vics were actually slightly better than average.

In batting:

NSW batsmen 1376 runs @ 30.58
Others 1073 @ 24.39.

Both sh*thouse, but given NSW were mostly top order bats, that is especially poor

Bollinger got one test you neville

he took more wikets in that test than Sh*tlte and North

Doug 1/130

Victorians 0/183

ANTiLAG

First Grade

Doug 1/130

Victorians 0/183

No, he took one more wicket than them. Not wickets plural. He would have had to take two wickets to have taken more wickets than them. :)

El Diablo

Post Whore
No, he took one more wicket than them. Not wickets plural. He would have had to take two wickets to have taken more wickets than them. :)

iif someone asked how many wickets he took the answer would be 1

are you denying this?

just as the answer would be 0 wickets taken by Victorians in Adelaide

Doug 1/130

Victorians 0/183

so what? You really are desperately clutching at straws to support your NSW bias.

Doug was sh*t in his one test. All the other bowlers were sh*t over 5 tests except for Siddle in 2 innings and Johnson in one.

I said before a ball was bowled that I hoped we got rolled 5-0 and frankly I'm disappointed we didn't. Obviously as a fan I would have loved to see Hughes and/or Smith come into the side and score big and turn it around for the team but they weren't able to. But lets be serious here, both were life preservers thrown onto the deck of the Titanic long after she'd hit the iceberg.

The seeds of this debacle were sown in 2009 when Stuart Clark was the only one made to pay a price for the Ashes loss. I was far from the only one who said that then was the time we had to seriously look at a major regeneration of the side, but instead of giving young players a chance to develop against the likes of Pakistan, New Zealand and the Windies we stuck with the same old proven failures. We may still have ended up losing, but we would have been much closer to having a side ready for 2012 and beyond.

We've been handed a cricket lesson by a team that has been better prepared, better skilled, better disciplined, better led and better chosen. Well done to England. The really could challenge the top two with the side they currently have. If a quality replacement comes in for Collingwood they really will be without any weak links.

Yep I agree. They should have learned from the 2009 loss and didn't but really a 3-1 hammering is just as bad as 5-0 it hasn't even been close.

I honestly thought the Poms had won when they decided to play extra warm up games I wonder if we'll do the same in England? Probably not. Full credit it to them they handed a test cricket lesson not just a cricket lesson. Patience, it has been good to watch from them.

El Diablo

Post Whore
so what? You really are desperately clutching at straws to support your NSW bias.

Doug was sh*t in his one test. All the other bowlers were sh*t over 5 tests except for Siddle in 2 innings and Johnson in one.

facts aren't clutching at straws

Sh*ttle and Johnson have been crap for a long time

at the start of this series Bollinger was the only Aus ranked in the top 10