What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Austalia vs England at SCG Jan 3-7 2011

Which is an event that has nothing to do with this match, we need to keep it on topic as much as humanly possible. There is a Members Pavilion for off topic things.

There's a f**king administrator for whingers to send complaints to nobody gives a sh*t about this whinging.

Mr Spock!

Referee
all you can do about this test series is :lol::lol::lol:

Particular at watson, hughes,ponting.clarke and some of the others

Never be disgusted in a series like this before

I agree.

I haven't seen a team so helpless in the field in a series. They were worse than the teams in the 80s. We at least had Border and I reckon it would be a close series between this mob and the 78/79 team which lost 5-1 when the Packer boys jumped ship.

Who do the poms play next with their much daunted attack?

lol at Mark Waugh calling it as it is
http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...the-cricket-ball/story-e6frf3gl-1225983237262

"I just don't understand it. I could go in the nets now and bowl and get the seam straight." :crazy:

Mr Spock!

Referee
This may seem weird but I would move him on, will be 37 by the next summer, won't be there in 2013. We need to prepare for 2013, not 2011.

The scary thing is we have India in 2011. Could you imagine what Sehwag and Tendulkar will do to this attack?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hopefully Harris will be back better than ever, and Dougy can be 100% Raring to go

These two are our best fast bowlers at the moment, if both are fit they should be in the XI at the expense of anyone else eg johnson, siddle, hilfy

Evenflow

Bench
Actually, all Australian bowlers 55 wickets for 2768 = 51.26

NSW bowlers 4 for 504 @126
Other states 51 for 2264 @ 44.39

So while all the bowling was crap, the NSW bowlers were especially crap. The Vics were actually slightly better than average.

In batting:

NSW batsmen 1376 runs @ 30.58
Others 1073 @ 24.39.

Both sh*thouse, but given NSW were mostly top order bats, that is especially poor

Geez that makes for some pretty poor reading. Given that New Souff Fails had the majority of the players in the team it only stands to reason they get the majority of the blame for the sh*t that was dished up. Though i'm tipping there's not much chance of that happening around here any time soon :lol:

yappy

Bench
Really this NSW hate is f**king joke. I don't think Hughes is our long term Test opener because he plays for NSW, or even because he plays for Western Suburbs in Grade. He's our best long term test opener option because he came into Shield as a 19 y.o. and started cracking big runs including runs in very tough conditions (v Tas 09/09) as an opener, so much so that he had 4000 test runs at about 58 in super quick time. If he was from WA or SA or anywhere else I would be just as convinced. If other states don't want the side dominated by Blues then start producing some quality players. Batsmen who have averaged 35 over nearly a decade in the Shield are not quality players. There's a reason Hughes averages over 50 in the same comp, on the same grounds against the same bowlers that these numpties average 35 - he's a much better batsman.

I'm hoping guys like Lynn, and Pattinson and whoever else comes along starts destroying sides and the Shield gets back to having a dozen or so players who can't get a look in for the Test side but who would walk into most other countries top team - we f**king need all the great players we can get. Sadly at the moment though we don't have any thing like that and NSW is a long way in front of the other states in producing potential test players. Lift your game other states. FFS South Australia is full of other states rejects.

anjado

Juniors
I think Hughes has the same problem as Langer,Hayden and Martyn early in there careers. Hughes has been found out by England there is no doubting that and probably needs a 2-3 year spell in first class cricket just like the others had.

Unfortunately for Australia's point of view they do not have this luxury. Phil Hughes biggest problem with his technique is that he can only score runs on the offside. Until he starts to learn to score runs on the onside he will always fall short because they will just copy England's plan of bowling at him.

Danish

Referee
I'm guessing we'll make it to lunch.

Its absolutely pissing down at homebush where I work right now. If only some of this rain would fall on the SCG

yappy

Bench
The major impression I have of the series is that whilst our batting has been dire, it is our attack that is the real problem. The pommy batsmen were shown up on the few occasions we bowled well. Siddle bowled a great spell in Brisbane and put us in a great position, and Notch and Harris bowled almost unplayable spells in Perth to win a test. We showed then that the English batsmen could be knocked over if you bowled well. The problem was the England bowlers bowled good probing bowling almost constantly, we bowled three good innings. Not only would none of our bowlers make the England side, none of them would even be in the first 2 or 3 reserves. Anderson, Broad, Finn, Swann, Tremlett and Bresnan have all shown that they have more to offer than our bowlers.

Hilfenhaus must surely have had enough chances to show he can be a wicket taker, Siddle has probably shown enough to persist with, but he's change bowler, and Johnson? f**k has their been a more frustrating player in history? Perth was as deadly a spell of quick bowling as you will see, but everything else has been somewhere between barely acceptable and utter trash. He has to go - he won't of course, but I can't see how we can possibly go forward with such an inconsistent player. If he'd been the fourth bowler in the side when we had McGrath, Warne and Dizzy he would have struggled because the other three would have cleaned them up when conditions suited his bowling, and he would have been belted when conditions favoured the batsmen. If he just came out and took regular solid 3/90s you'd stick with him but the rocks and diamonds (very rare diamonds) nature of Johnson can't be tolerated any more. He's played 42 tests. If he was ever going to become the leader of our attack he would have done so by now.

yappy

Bench
Well Trott and Broad put on 332 for the 8th wicket earlier this year so it's still game on.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lets get on the Siddle batting bandwagon for sh*ts and giggles.

He needs another 33 runs to surpass Clarkes average for the series.

and another 21 (if he loses his wicket) to reach a series batting average of 20.
or another 1 run (and not lose his wicket) to reach a series batting average of 20.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
just on Clarke, I thought he did OK with what he had to work with

he made a lot of bowling changes where as Punter would have persevered, two different styles but one says no matter how bad you bowl we'll support you

the other says pick you act up or you'll be rested

both styles can work as some bowlers can take time to find their rhythm but I think Clarke shows a bit more aggression in his captaincy which I like