What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6, 7, 9, 14 Who would you pick?

Parraren

Bench
With Timmy's injury it looks like there will be a re-shuffle in the halves this weekend. Who would you pick and why?

Having seen Jeremy Smith both at half & 5/8 this year in first grade I have to say he has looked alot better playing at 5/8.

Jeremy Smith is not a genuine match winner from what i've seen of him, nor is he a natural halfback. He's a good solid player who can slot in at 5/8 alongside a dominant half and do a good job with a nice short kicking game.

I know PJ hasn't played alot of halfback in recent years but he has played plenty of halfback in his career and has loads of experience compared to Jeremy. He'd be my pick at half especially after his impressive second half filling in for Timmy against the Knights.

I'd shift Johnny Morris into the hooking role and use Riddell off the bench either as a backrower or as a hooker if need be with the option of Morris moving into 5/8 as well if required.

6. Jeremy Smith
7. PJ

9. Morris

14. Riddell

I just don't think it's the right time or the right opposition to be blooding young Green just yet.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i agree on that one, i thought PJ went alright at half, and even if the game does not pan out that way, there is flexiblility to change.

V1er

Juniors
6. Morris
7. PJ

9. Riddell

14. Green

I think they showed in the second half on saturday night that PJ and morris should be the starting halves.

Bigfella

Coach
If it is to be one of the rookies I would go with mateo

The warriors are the most physically imtimidating side I can think of for a young (small) debutant to take on

caylo

Bench
hello, my name is james... ive been reading these forums for a while now, and i like LU because it seems to be the most... well the best everything ;-)

i thought this was an appropriate time to register, and id have 2 agree with the idea of playing blakey, wether at 5-8 halfback i dont think will make tomuch difference. off the bench might be ideal, to be honest i dont think it matters as long as he is there. i have not been impressed with j.smith. he seems to be to predictable (i.e he doesn't change the direction of attack often, no inside balls). But then to contradict myself... i wouldn't be confident of playing green because it would be such a pressure situation to debu at, and if he played bad and was hook from the field it may kill his confidence.its a bit of a pickle, id hate to be the coach.

Latest posts