What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My pax on a walk up ticket around 7.30 was 25800. The place looks full save for a few how under the brewongle stand. Lots of kiwis here too, a great effort. I'd say there's 28-32k here, somewhere in that bracket.

Once Dead

Bench
Josh Massoud and the rest of the tabloid media don't realise that Sydney fans HARDLY EVER buy tickets in advance......they have always rolled up and bought them at the game.

Monk

Referee
.. it was an ok game, not the best ive seen but still good to watch...
best for the kiwis were - sonny bill/perrett/soliola
best for the aussies were - folau/inglis/Gas

pcpp

Juniors
All the media attention about the poor pre-sales probably sold about 10,000 tickets. But hopefully theres no need for any of this when the opening ceremony sell-outs in advance.

The game deserved a sell-out, but 34,571 is good.

Brutus

Referee
It's just a shame the World Cup Final wasn't in Sydney. Poor crowds over the years have obviously caused the Suncorp move, but really it should be at the 82,500 ANZ Stadium.

Good crowd tonight. A relief actually.

Dreaming if you are expecting that. If it was on Saturday night I'd agree, but it really is at a horrible time, quite a few members would struggle to get there after work, especially when you can watch it at home, where the beers don't cost two arms and a leg and you don't have to worry about getting home. Saturday would have been much better, however I can see why they put it on Friday. But it will impact on the number of members going.

:lol:

the members section was pretty much as packed as i have ever seen it. On the top of the noble stand people were standing 3 deep along the walkway wathcing the game.

i would say there was close to 10 or 11K in the members , maybe even a few more.

ali

Bench
I suppose it's not often the SCG cricket members get to watch anything other that cricket. And given how long you have to wait to become a member I'd say it's fair to say they've been around Sydney long enough to have more than a passing interest in RL.

Good on the members for getting out in numbers though. My Union supporting mate was going in the members and I imagine given the amount of cricket members I know, that's where i would have been if back home in Sydney.