What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brendothejet

First Grade
Now where am I going to get drunk and sunburnt that the Walters stand is gone?

It was a whole other world up there. Full of loons who had no regard for sunscreen or the safety of the people below...

innsaneink

Referee
Now where am I going to get drunk and sunburnt that the Walters stand is gone?

It was a whole other world up there. Full of loons who had no regard for sunscreen or the safety of the people below...
They said the same thing when they put that thing on the hill.

lockyno1

Post Whore
pick a number then.

with 20K sold , the rest of today , walk ups & members i think 32K is possible. Maybe slightly on the high side but definatley possible.

24-25K, depending on weather and whether members can be bothered, especially now with Lockyer AND likely Thurston out!

Brycey

Juniors
locky it will do the opposite. NSW don't care about QLDers, they care more about a competitive game and thats what those omissions will do.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No they want to see the best players, no wonder sales are struggling with 3 of the biggest names out- Benji Marshall, Darren Lockyer and Johnathon Thurston

No they want to see the best players, no wonder sales are struggling with 3 of the biggest names out- Benji Marshall, Darren Lockyer and Johnathon Thurston

in case you missed it tickets sales have spiked since those players ( 2 of them ) were ruled out.

ticket sales 2 weeks ago were 6000 , now we have over 20000 sold.

24-25K, depending on weather and whether members can be bothered, especially now with Lockyer AND likely Thurston out!

members can use their club cards for this match. Which means all SCG and Gold members that have a guest past can take 3 people along with them.

Im expecting at least 7 or 8 thousand in the members section.

lockyno1

Post Whore
members can use their club cards for this match. Which means all SCG and Gold members that have a guest past can take 3 people along with them.

Im expecting at least 7 or 8 thousand in the members section.

Dreaming if you are expecting that. If it was on Saturday night I'd agree, but it really is at a horrible time, quite a few members would struggle to get there after work, especially when you can watch it at home, where the beers don't cost two arms and a leg and you don't have to worry about getting home. Saturday would have been much better, however I can see why they put it on Friday. But it will impact on the number of members going.

Dreaming if you are expecting that. If it was on Saturday night I'd agree, but it really is at a horrible time, quite a few members would struggle to get there after work, especially when you can watch it at home, where the beers don't cost two arms and a leg and you don't have to worry about getting home. Saturday would have been much better, however I can see why they put it on Friday. But it will impact on the number of members going.

Shutup you f**king gimp.

What you know about everything could be put on the back of a post it note with room left over for the bible.

why would it impact on members more than the general public?

I bet you will find quite a large proportion of members live in the eastern suburbs. Especially those that are gold members and roosters fans.

Also a lot of members work in the CBD.

lockyno1

Post Whore
why would it impact on members more than the general public?

I bet you will find quite a large proportion of members live in the eastern suburbs. Especially those that are gold members and roosters fans.

Also a lot of members work in the CBD.

Quite a few would finish work late- after 6pm, so that would be pushing it to:

a) get to the game

b) get good seats, as they are rare for a league game- more for a cricket match though.

It will impact on the members as frankly it is inconvenient having the game on Friday and members are a bit like that- they want to get what they want. Plus after working a full day would you want to go to a game and get home at 11pm? You might, but most would say no to that.

Quite a few would finish work late- after 6pm, so that would be pushing it to:

a) get to the game

b) get good seats, as they are rare for a league game- more for a cricket match though.

It will impact on the members as frankly it is inconvenient having the game on Friday and members are a bit like that- they want to get what they want. Plus after working a full day would you want to go to a game and get home at 11pm? You might, but most would say no to that.

mate , do you work in the CBD ? most of my friends do and i can tell you very few are working still after 6pm on a friday. At that time there in the bars knocking down a few.

sure if it was a weeknight they do work after 6pm , but not on a friday.

even if they did it takes 20 mins max to get to the SCG from the CBD. tha game doesnt kick off until 7.45.

Members never have a problem turning up at 6.30 on a friday for the second session of a day/ nighter.

my suggestion is stop talking out or you arse , you clearly dont know what your talking about.

innsaneink

Referee
They had a competiton on 2GB website for a junior team to have a team photo taken on the SCG at half time during the test
My son entered his team, they rang on Monday saying he hadnt won the main prize, but had 20 tickets to offer him and his mates.
Get to training last night, three other teams just in his club got the same deal.

Cunning.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
They had a competiton on 2GB website for a junior team to have a team photo taken on the SCG at half time during the test
My son entered his team, they rang on Monday saying he hadnt won the main prize, but had 20 tickets to offer him and his mates.
Get to training last night, three other teams just in his club got the same deal.

Cunning.

To give some tickets to children who play the sport is fantastic.

Which is 10 times cheaper than wasting time going to a game they can adequately watch on TV. That is the way members think, if they can't get the best seats, they rather watch it at home.

geez you talk a lot of rubbish!

10 times cheaper? schooners in the members are pretty much the same price as they are in city bars and pubs.

the only extra cost is a taxi or bus to the ground.

How do you explain members turning up to the second session of a day/ nighter when they could just as easily watch it on tv?

and for that matter how do you know how members think?

I can tell you what i think and other members i know , generally there is a desire to turn up to as mant events as possible to justify the cost of membership. You dont stay a member of the ground just so you can watch something on TV.