What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perth Red

Post Whore
sydney is the most expensive coutry in australia to live in. this means petrol prices and interest rate hit our families the hardest. people simply cant afford a night at the footy. it too bloody expensive

Think you'll find, unfortunately!, that Perth now has the dubious honour of being the most expensive place to live in the country. Sorry but when it comes down to it (whilst I agree I would love to see RL be cheaper, especially for kids and families) RU and AFL are just as (and in some cases more) expensive yet have no problems with crowds.

I think Azzah has hit the nail on the head and I hope so called fans don't b1tch and moan when there team falls by the wayside because only 13,000 of them could be 4rsed to support them!

Ari Gold

Bench
Yes I can,the thread started on the 4/5 its now the 7/5.I'd imagine there would be a few more tickets sold.

...and you are correct, my mates just bought their tickets tonight and the pax is 19,260.

Does that include members?

...and you are correct, my mates just bought their tickets tonight and the pax is 19,260.

Does that include members?

no , it doesnt include members. For members this is a general admission event.

call me crazy but im starting to feel a little optimistic about this crowd, we could see something in the low 30k's , which considering where we were a few days ago wont be to bad at all.

FYI- the members section has about 11K seats and can hold up to about 15K people if you include standing room. The current capacity of the SCG is 38K , this means there are only 27K tickets for sale.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Hypothetical questions:

For those umming and arring about going to the game, how much would the ARL have to pay you for you to go?

Would the total funds outlayed for this rent-a-crowd outweigh the respective money gained through advertising had this rent-a-crowd stayed at home and watched the game on TV/PayTV?

How about the ARL announce they will randomly pick 1/3 of the attending tickets for a full refund?

I know this all sounds horrible, but something has to be done to tip the scales more in favour of attending games rather than watching them on television.

christopher

Juniors
wouldnt work mate.

it would give the game negetive publicity.

the same thing has been done in the IPL, where they dont pay people per se, but give away mass amounts of free tickets.

it has generated a lot of negetive publicity for the event.

The only way to combat the poor turnouts is better international compeition and some of the marketing ideas raised, such as allowing clubs to use their members datatbase to sell tickets for a small commision.

The media love updating and running with stories from previous year's.

this story happens any time a league test is held in Sydney.

remember they took one to Newcastle a few years back because Sydney has such a poor turnout the previous few years.

This game was never going to sell out. It shouldn't sell out given crowd history and the poor form shown by NZ lately.

Im not sure how correct the PAX numbers are but i just bought some tickets and the PAX was 19946

sales are going along pretty well, hopefully around 22K sold by the end of the day. Thats only 5000 from a sell out. ( only 27K tickets for sale)

im going to predict a crowd of 32000.

innsaneink

Referee
Why the change?
live_image.jpg

Whats the construction doin...building officer or extending capacity

it actually only extends the normal capacity slightly from 43K to 47K. I think the main thing is more corporate boxes and facilities.

And it looks a whole lot better than the Doug Walters stand.

Latest posts