What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6th ODI - Poms v NZ

Kiwi

First Grade
wittyfan said:
Perhaps the pitches aren't good as they have been in recent years. Even so, negative batting has crept into all three teams at the moment.

How about giving credit to the bowlers?

Australia cleans up teams with their bowling and it's never negative batting or the pitches. But now the shoe is on the other foot, there are other reasons?

Apart from one game against the aussies when the kiwi bowlers dished up some serious crap for 10 overs, can anyone point out a time when any of the 3 teams bowlers haven't bowled really really well? The lines and lengths have been nothing short of perfect for these conditions.

Hurriflatch

Referee
NZ won't win the finals series but with Oram back and Mills close as well they will at least put up a fight in the finals.

England should be banned from playing cricket until they can actual play the game.

Kiwi

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
NZ won't win the finals series but with Oram back and Mills close as well they will at least put up a fight in the finals.

England should be banned from playing cricket until they can actual play the game.

Is there any team you think can beat australia?

Take into account in 06 the only team close to australia's record was the kiwi's I think at full strength we are as good. We may not have the batters of australia, but our bowlers are better for sure.

bayrep

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Is there any team you think can beat australia?

Take into account in 06 the only team close to australia's record was the kiwi's I think at full strength we are as good. We may not have the batters of australia, but our bowlers are better for sure.

I dont know if our bowlers are better but they are a team that know how to apply pressure to the Aus team. If it wasn't for the 2 misshapes in the last game against Aus we could have/should have won.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Aussies crapped on the ROTW team, but that was a dismal failure and not a true indication of how things are in world cricket imo

Kiwis grown an extra leg when they play us and seem to be the only team to take it up to us in the past, but not this series

Too many injuries I think, hopefully we'll see them at full strength soon

TheParraboy

Staff member
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
Slightly different to what the one that you told me to cut and paste on Sunday.

lucky I was around to post the accurate one then :D

btw the sky is still blue, ducks are great in curries, and the number four follows the number three ;-)

MKEB...

Staff member
TheParraboy said:
lucky I was around to post the accurate one then :D

btw the sky is still blue, ducks are great in curries, and the number four follows the number three ;-)

LOL

Blaze

Juniors
Twizzle said:
Kiwis grown an extra leg when they play us and seem to be the only team to take it up to us in the past, but not this series

That's a myth... We have won 2 out of our last 19 against Aus or something terrible like that...

Apparently Astle has retired and is on a plane home... I wonder if they will bring in a replacement

MKEB...

Staff member
No please not Craig Cumming. Wouldnt surprise me if Parlane/ingram or How come over.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Vincent is the best option. He can be handy with the bat, albeit idiotic..but he has more shots than any of the other options, and he's a livewire in the field.