What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 tackle try - NQ dudded again!

Helmet Man

Juniors
Yes because only your club was dudded during the season nobody else was....

Are you saying you support the Eels? Would it really have made a difference if the Eels won 1 extra match?

I reckon in terms of reffing the Titans have been the most unluckiest out of all clubs. Sea Eagles and Bulldogs had a fair share but they already made the 8...

All i am saying is that reffing decisions have disturbed the game throughout the whole season and unfortunately it has cost the Cows.

Dave_

Juniors
So Dave, you think that had only 6 tackles been called at that moment instead, nothing else in the game would have changed in the next 70 or so minutes? Once something changes there are infinite possibilities.

If it occurred in the last 2 minutes to give the sharks a 2 point win then yes it would have definitely been the reason on team won and one team lost.

I understand your point and yes, we never know what would have occurred if the dud call didn't happen but based on the final scoreline, the monumental fu*k up decides the result of the game.

We really should look at the game how it actually unfolded and not how it MAY have unfolded had the refs not fu*ked up. If we always wonder what might have been instead of what actually DID happen we'd be living in a fantasy world.

The reality is, barring any what ifs, that in the way the game was played out, if the dud call is taken out of the game the Cows win by 4. I am just using simple logic based on exactly what happened in the game.

Bretto

Bench
While I feel for the cows...... How many games are won or lost in the 7th minute.

That's not the point.

Is there any specific reason that people using that train of thought cannot comprehend, nor understand the fact that it doesn't matter that the Cowboys could have still won the game, or lost the game, but the decision was a terrible one and has indirectly affected the outcome of the game?

I wouldn't have thought it wasn't a particularly difficult concept to grasp?

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
Yep so Dud calls are OK in the first half and most of the 2nd half, got it mate

Its like saying that a bad umpiring decision in cricket will only matter if it happens in the last over of the game.

So when Stuart Broad was given incorrectly not out in the first ashes test it did not impact on the game.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yep, so the referees can go mental until the 78 minute and it doesn't matter.

It's only if it's in the last 2 mins that referees decisions matter.

I don't see people saying that, but by all means keep chewing on that lemon.

All anyone is saying is WE DON'T KNOW what the result would have been had that decision been correct. So taking the final score and deducting points based on what happened in the first half has no basis in reality.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That's not the point.

Is there any specific reason that people using that train of thought cannot comprehend, nor understand the fact that it doesn't matter that the Cowboys could have still won the game, or lost the game, but the decision was a terrible one and has indirectly affected the outcome of the game?

I wouldn't have thought it was a particularly difficult concept to grasp?

You do realise this entire argument is no different to "half glass empty, hallf glass full" where there is no definitive right or wrong answer simply individual point of view. To say people aren't grasping a concept because they have a different point of view is plain wrong.

Canard

Immortal
It's 2 years in a row that's it's happened to us, you start to believe that there is a least a subconscious Sydney bias to refereeing.

As for Greenberg saying "it won't happen again"

Piss off you Bulldogs wanker!!!

Bretto

Bench
You do realise this entire argument is no different to "half glass empty, hallf glass full" where there is no definitive right or wrong answer simply individual point of view. To say people aren't grasping a concept because they have a different point of view is plain wrong.

I had to edit that sentence, it was supposed to read, "I wouldn't have thought it wasn't a particularly difficult concept to grasp?"

To reply to your post, the fact that the decision was wrong is not a point of view. It's a fact I would think. Sharks were given 7 tackles in a set, which led directly to a try. This is not open to debate is it? I guess then I'm going a step further and saying that, that try indirectly led to the result that we got. Arguing about the Cowboys should have been able to still come back from that etc etc, this is where the point lies. It's all redundant. The simple fact is the call affected the game. Nothing more. That's just the point I'm making.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Did the players know at the time the tackle count was up to seven and did anyone mention it to the refs at the time?.
If neil henry gets fined for his presser I would like to donate to the fine.

Bretto

Bench
Did the players know at the time the tackle count was up to seven and did anyone mention it to the refs at the time?.
If neil henry gets fined for his presser I would like to donate to the fine.

JT said in the press conference he had no idea what tackle it was and he was constantly having to ask the referees all game what tackle it was, as they weren't giving them verbal calls on the tackle count.

Sean7

Juniors
Terrible decision, but to say it cast them the game is just wrong. Had the Sharks not scored there, the Cowboys may have gone onto lose by 30 or the Sharks win by 20. Who knows? Every decision changes the course of a game. Referees miss knock-ons and a team keeps possession longer than they should. Tackle counts get restarted when they shouldn't, forward passes get let go, etc. All can lead to tries when they shouldn't.

Pathetic mistake either way though.

Iafeta

Referee
Hang on, hang on, hang on.

So... let me get this straight. For what is a knock out semi-final, we have Henry Perenara and Matt Cecchin (Cecchin's not too bad, but Perenara is dead set atrocious), and in the box we have Jason "Spray on Sweat" Robinson and a rookie in Matt Rodwell? What's next, Ashley Klown and Jarrod Maxmong in the Grand Final? Is Daniel Anderson seriously deluded thinking that bunch is a suitable bunch for finals football, or is our depth in the referees ranks now so bad that these blokes are suiting up anywhere near a finals match? Seriously, Perenara, Klown, Maxmong, Justin Morgan and Spray on Sweat are renowned for making decisions by using the paper scissors rock method.

The only way it'd be even more ridiculous is if Henry's brother Marcus was officially announced as the NRL's Official Pie Eater.

Last edited:

Von

Juniors
And the amateurish finish of the game was also a joke.

Should we be surprised???
No

forget 7thtacklegate.

how about the bs penalty to the cows for tackling in the air when a sharks player was clearly contesting the ball. should have been a drop out to cowboys for sharks repeat set, instead they get piggy backed down the ground and score.

ref f**k ups happen both ways, and i think the cowgirls got more than enough good calls in that game to make up for a bad one against them.

Canard

Immortal
forget 7thtacklegate.

how about the bs penalty to the cows for tackling in the air when a sharks player was clearly contesting the ball. should have been a drop out to cowboys for sharks repeat set, instead they get piggy backed down the ground and score.

ref f**k ups happen both ways, and i think the cowgirls got more than enough good calls in that game to make up for a bad one against them.

Forget about it? That's convenient for your argument

That's one play after Todd dropped the ball cold in the play the ball and the ref just said play it again!

2010Dragons

Bench
First the two referees need to be fined $5000.00 each to cover henry media conference.
Then both pink pelicans need to be sacked forever.

Then the game should be replayed......that is the only fair outcome.

mongoose

Coach
It's a terrible and embarrassing mistake for the refs to make but it's no worse in the context of the game than getting a video ref decision for a try wrong, which happens all the time.