What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 tackle try - NQ dudded again!

carcharias

Immortal
Whoa there !

There's some talk that the cowboys also benefitted around the 70 minute mark with Tate fielding the ball and being awarded a zero tackle when it should have been tackle 1 , can anyone confirm I won't be able to watch it till tonight

Btw there no way you could say this cost the game for the cowboys, no way , just say tags was forced to hand the ball over , what's to say the cowboys don't spill it in their set and we score from there , thing is yes a dud call but it never cost them the game . sharks might have won by 50 had it been pulled up you never know

70 min and about 40 sec
Gallen kicks down a short blind side Tate regathers , zero tackle called once he gets tackled.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Simple solution. Add a third on field ref to count the tackles and a third video ref with an abacus to make sure he's right.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Maybe if the refs stopped yelling coaching tips to players and concentrated on calling the tackle number this farce would have been avoided?
Part of the Bill Harrigan legacy. It's the "trying to save a penalty" mentality.

Only problem is that they forget to referee the match.

phantom eel

First Grade
Diabolical oversight on the part of the two referees, two mic'ed up linesmen and the video referee/s.

If the Sharks progress any further in these finals it will be a very hollow feeling indeed. Bring on the ASADA bans!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I only answered his question .
lol. Let's just call it winners butthurt.

You got it bad.

Tough luck Cowboys, and to League fans generally. Unfortunately we'll never know which the way this match would have gone if the refs got it right.

carcharias

Immortal

You got it bad.

Tough luck Cowboys, and to League fans generally. Unfortunately we'll never know which the way this match would have gone if the refs got it right.

Have I
I think I have posted about 5 times in 17 pages.
I get the impression you are not happy ?

DJShaksta

First Grade

You got it bad.

Like the 2010 grand final you mean?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah, but don't take it personally. It's who you are inside that counts... don't change a thing.
carcharias said:
I think I have posted about 5 times in 17 pages.
:lol: OK sunshine, you run with that.
carcharias said:
I get the impression you are not happy ?
Thanks for your concern. I do have a touch of hayfever - springtime and glorious weather can do that. But no, apart from that I feel great, and you have cheered me up enormously.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Go back to one ref. The two ref system has been relative to the poor refereeing, it shouldn't be hard to see.

DJShaksta

First Grade
We'll never know how it would've gone if the touch judge made the right call in the first half.
:D

carcharias

Immortal
According to the experts on here any team that is denied a try through ref error at any stage of a game
would have undoubtedly gone on to win.

Therefore every single game from now on where a ref farks up should be replayed mid week .

Last edited: