What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Awesome crowd and atmosphere, the only other game I've ever been to that rivalled it for atmosphere was the world cup qualifier in 2006.

I've lost my voice today, and hugged way too many people that I didn't know, but damn it was a good night.

Brutus

Referee
I don't know what you mean by obvious mate. The Dragons had more fans there ( about 40,000 ) than Parra have ever had at a game in my memory.

Should have done a survey on why the majority of these 40,000 Dragons fans don't like attending games at Kogarah.

innsaneink

Referee
Dogs, parra, drags, tigs top 4. Obviously in that order. No doubt now I think dogs parra is the biggest rivalry in the game. Drags couldn't beat it with a whole extra day of sales. 4 teams could not beat 2. Obvious who is king of sydney… dogs and parra.

Well thats certainly something to cheer about, Im glad your happy. :roll:

Great game, great atmosphere last night...would rank I'd say 4th or 5th in my games ive attended in 35 odd years....very proud of my team

cleary89

Coach
Should have done a survey on why the majority of these 40,000 Dragons fans don't like attending games at Kogarah.

Better survey would have been if they care about internet trolls and their stupid agendas.

f**k off. No one cares what you think. Go die in a ditch somewhere and you would be equally valuable as what you are now.

saintania

Juniors
The crowd for the final at Kogarah was more than the 16k quoted. It would have been closer to 19k, with 85% being Saints fans - the hill was more squashed than I had seen in ages and there were no obvious sections of seats empty. The fans who go to every game know the ground better than official with obviously skewed numbers.

The "Saints fans don't travel" rubbish proudly sponsored by the media was put to rest last night. EASILY 65/35 Saints fans but unfortunately not captured by the cameramen, with the Dragon Army particularly getting little coverage.

Our players knew we were there - that was enough.

bmwpower

Juniors
I would just like to make the point that the 2 biggest grand final crowds were from Parramatta's

apparently the largest rugby league grandfinal attendance was in 99 over 105 000? i recall over 80000 dragons fan and not too many storm fans..

sarahk

Juniors
apparently the largest rugby league grandfinal attendance was in 99 over 105 000? i recall over 80000 dragons fan and not too many storm fans..

Yeah it was 107 500 people. Its a record grand final crowd BUT keep in mind that capacity these days prevents crowds being that big. Anz can only hold like 83 000? people so its not like the 107 500 figure can be tried.

sarahk

Juniors
Well we might not have the 2 highest grand final attendances but we are up there with grand final crowd attendances with us having the record for 3rd and 4th highest grand final crowds.

1st- Dragons v Storm
2nd- Brisbane v Roosters
3rd- Parra vs Newcastle
4th- Parra vs Storm
5th- Tigers vs Cowboys

saintania

Juniors
40,000 fans are not interested in going to Kogarah. Barely 16k are.

That's fine by Saints fans, considering our home crowds are always soaked in red and white. You opposition fans can stay away - works for us.

The day they take suburban grounds out of rugby league will be the death of the game. If you can't see that, then you need your head read. Long live tradition.

dgsfan

Juniors
Last night's ratings down 68,000 in Sydney. 765,000 watched the Dogs Eels game where as 697,000 watched the Tigers Dragons. 600,000 odd people also watched the Tigs play Canberra, so you'd think Tigers had a lot to do with it.

saintania

Juniors
Are you serious? Were you even at the game? Did you not see that 2/3 of the ground was red and white?