What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

Firey_Dragon

Coach
come to think about it. there were atleast 50000 dragon fans

No chance... it was like a 55/45 split with some neutrals sprinkled in. It's alot harder to spot Tigers fans in a crowd when most opt for the black jersey. It doesn't stand out like the red and white.

Dragon's fans seemed to be a little more vocal, but that may have been due to where I was sitting as well.

The Tank

Bench
Why are people arguing? It was a great attendance as was last season's prelim. All four sets of supporters (and neutrals) should be commended.

Rocket

Juniors
That doesn't sound right, as we all know Saints fans don't travel...

And apparently we can't count either (Yes I will stake my left nut there were more than 15.5k at the Manly final).

I was hard pressed to tell who had more fans last night from where I was sitting. But supporters from both sides did their teams credit and showed up in droves.

thommo4pm

Coach
Last night's ratings down 68,000 in Sydney. 765,000 watched the Dogs Eels game where as 697,000 watched the Tigers Dragons. 600,000 odd people also watched the Tigs play Canberra, so you'd think Tigers had a lot to do with it.

You're comparing 2 Friday night games to a Saturday night game.
Saturday nights never, in just about every form of TV, rate as high as Friday nights.

fanatique

Juniors
Last night's ratings down 68,000 in Sydney. 765,000 watched the Dogs Eels game where as 697,000 watched the Tigers Dragons. 600,000 odd people also watched the Tigs play Canberra, so you'd think Tigers had a lot to do with it.

If you look at the neutral and professionally done Roy Morgan polls over the years and average out the numbers for all clubs over the years you will find that the Dragons have the most support among the NSW clubs. I suspect a poll done in Sydney alone would perhaps favour the Dogs but statewide and nationally the Dragons are to NSW RL what Collingwood are to Victorian AFL...the biggest. Tiges and Dogs near enough to be honest just like Richmond and Essendon in the AFL but Dragons ahead. Of course the numbers for Storm and Broncos are huge but people are really just ticking their home state team.

I am not a Dragon fan. I'm just stating the fact.

Latest posts