What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

docbrown

Coach
Confirmed - after the grand final sells out next week - a new record for total season aggregate attendance and total season average.

dgsfan

Juniors
Dogs, parra, drags, tigs top 4. Obviously in that order. No doubt now I think dogs parra is the biggest rivalry in the game. Drags couldn't beat it with a whole extra day of sales. 4 teams could not beat 2. Obvious who is king of sydney… dogs and parra.

bmwpower

Juniors
Dogs, parra, drags, tigs top 4. Obviously in that order. No doubt now I think dogs parra is the biggest rivalry in the game. Drags couldn't beat it with a whole extra day of sales. 4 teams could not beat 2. Obvious who is king of sydney… dogs and parra.

lol dragons had atleast 41000 and tigers 30000. if a few more tigers supporters had turned up then its over 75k. i went to last years prelim and dragons had more then the dogs and the eels did. Dragons side made a whole lot of noise. best atmostphere ive experienced

Southernsaint

Staff member

If Souths ever get their act together they will be up there too.

LOL, a difference of a mere 3K in a crowd in the 70K region doesn't really mean anything.

The biggest rivalry in League is Saints vs everyone - no-one likes us, we don't care!!

dgsfan

Juniors
Lol yeah. Look at the top Crowds in Sydney 3 of top 5 include the dogs. 1 whole extra day and 4 teams could not beat 2. Why would dragons be more popular than the dogs? 4 Sydney teams couldn't beat 2. Sure 4000 is not a lot nbut consider it's 4 Sydney teams vs 2. Dogs, parra, tigs then drags.

fanatique

Juniors

I don't know what you mean by obvious mate. The Dragons had more fans there ( about 40,000 ) than Parra have ever had at a game in my memory. Dogs probably the biggest draw in Sydney but Dragons bigger nationwide. Parra certainly not obviously bigger than Tiges or Dragons.

Teddyboy

First Grade

Stop putting a downer on it,the NRL/ARL would of killed for semi-final crowds like that in the 1970's/1980's/1990's and most of this decade.

thommo4pm

Coach
Lol yeah. Look at the top Crowds in Sydney 3 of top 5 include the dogs. 1 whole extra day and 4 teams could not beat 2. Why would dragons be more popular than the dogs? 4 Sydney teams couldn't beat 2. Sure 4000 is not a lot nbut consider it's 4 Sydney teams vs 2. Dogs, parra, tigs then drags.

Stop the garbage with 4 Sydney teams mate, the joint ventures have been in place for quite some time now.
When did Wollongong become part of Sydney by the way?
If the Dogs are so well supported, why didn't they have more members than us this year?
The Dogs are an extremely popular club, no question, but no need to put crap on about other sides.
Be happy the great game is growing again in Sydney, and we are kicking the AFL's arse in our heartland areas.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Stop the garbage with 4 Sydney teams mate, the joint ventures have been in place for quite some time now.
When did Wollongong become part of Sydney by the way?
If the Dogs are so well supported, why didn't they have more members than us this year?
The Dogs are an extremely popular club, no question, but no need to put crap on about other sides.
Be happy the great game is growing again in Sydney, and we are kicking the AFL's arse in our heartland areas.

So right,it looks that NRL will hopefully always have a big big finals game.
Love to see 30000 for 40000 plus for Melbourne and Auckland in the future.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I don't know what you mean by obvious mate. The Dragons had more fans there ( about 40,000 ) than Parra have ever had at a game in my memory. Dogs probably the biggest draw in Sydney but Dragons bigger nationwide. Parra certainly not obviously bigger than Tiges or Dragons.
I would just like to make the point that the 2 biggest grand final crowds were from Parramatta's

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I was seated near the dragons army, damn they were awesome! funny watching them bagging out the one west tigers supporter in the middle of them hahah.

cleary89

Coach
haha the guy at the back? Only saw him before the game lifting his shirt up and stuff. Didn't see him again.

I had to watch it in the Tigers area. At least I wasn't the only one I suppose. They left really quickly after the game

LESStar58

Referee
Fantastic crowd. Shame we can't get that week in week out. Surely we the NRL needs to look at a way to make the football affordable for everybody so we can have attendances like that all the time, especially in Sydney.

Latest posts