What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

Danish

Referee
FML I have a friends wedding on the same night . Far out of all the days in the year it had to be that night, I would've loved to go to the game . Last years game we had against the bulldogs was easily the best I've ever been to and I hope the atmosphere can be replicated this year for those that do go .
Note :to anyone planning weddings please avoid the months of September and October .

Anyone who gets married during the finals is a selfish asshole and doesn't deserve your presence at their wedding.

Save the money from their gift and go to the game. Then send the groom a pair of testicles as he clearly gave his up a long time ago

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Anyone who gets married during the finals is a selfish asshole and doesn't deserve your presence at their wedding.

Save the money from their gift and go to the game. Then send the groom a pair of testicles as he clearly gave his up a long time ago

:lol:

thommo4pm

Coach
Why do St George Illawarra fans refer to their team as being both the Dragons and the Saints? Surely if the club was to have two nicknames, one would have to be the Steelers?

The "actual" Saints won their prelim tonight and will be playing in the Grand Final next week.

Get over yourself, stupid post.

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't see How you guys think this will be over 70k to 75k when tonight's game with 2 Sydney teams did not even get 24k. I think it will be closer to 55k to 60k and it will be very lucky to get over 60k.

Roosters v Dragons regular season game 40,000
Tigers v Roosters last week 33,500

Last night there were 23,500 at a game where only one set of fans turned up. Well, ok there were about 3,000 Panthers fans there but 20,000 is a great turn out for Roosters fans.

Dragons v Tigers will get over 60,000 imo. The Dragons fan base is massive, as is the Tigers who draw fans from 3 large population areas of Sydney.

Lambretta

First Grade
would take me 40mins each way to get to the gound on Sydney's rail system, I hate the stadium, and it's live on tele.

You're baulking at a 40 minute train ride?

Man the f**k up.

I used to commute two hours each way to a sh*tty job, let alone a Semi Final for a team I love.

My train ride last night was well over an hour to see the Roosters and I walked for 30 minutes on the end of that with a busted foot.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Anyone who claims to be a supporter of either these teams living in Sydney and doesn't attend this game should be ashamed of themselves.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I agree ^^^

I was hoping to be booking flights to Brisbane for Friday this morning but that wasn't to be. Yet we have people complaining about a 40 min train trip!

Danish

Referee
Anyone who claims to be a supporter of either these teams living in Sydney and doesn't attend this game should be ashamed of themselves.

Absolutely.

The only excuse a tigers or dragons fan should have for not going to this game is that its a sell out and they missed out on tickets.

ozjet1

You're baulking at a 40 minute train ride?

Man the f**k up.

I used to commute two hours each way to a sh*tty job, let alone a Semi Final for a team I love.

My train ride last night was well over an hour to see the Roosters and I walked for 30 minutes on the end of that with a busted foot.

not when it should take 15 mins.

i dont mind walking. i would walk 40mins no prob and do it and cycle regularly infact. Being active is always something im conscious of as i work in a sedentry job. but i just dont want to put up with yet another commute with sh*t rail service on a packed train with a bunch of fugwits.

and if i got into a car, it'd be worse........wouldnt even move.

ive been an inner-city dweller all my life. I know people say they have no choice, but i cant understand wasting 4 hrs of my day commuting to work everyday - wouldnt do it and have never done it. People seem to value money (buy cheaper property away from the CBD) but seem to be happy to waste their time (spend hrs in traffic or on public transport). but i digress. each to their own.

it's not about manning up, i have my own views and principles. and i have my own personal protest with the stadium, i absolutely hate it and hate going to the precinct. travelling to and from the metallica show last night reinforced it.

as i said it'll be live on tele. i wont be missing anyway.

gronkathon

First Grade
At least with it being at the bigger venue we won't have to put up with the Telecrap running a story on how one of our dero, povo scum fans from Crumbletown couldn't get tickets for himself and his brood of illegitimates and his latest crusty bint

ozjet1

I agree ^^^

I was hoping to be booking flights to Brisbane for Friday this morning but that wasn't to be. Yet we have people complaining about a 40 min train trip!

not quite the same.

as i said, it's more a principles thing. who knows, i may soften my stance by the end of the week.

ozjet1

but it's live on tele.

dont worry, many bandwagoners who tell you that they support either club (but dont even go to matches) will be there.

im constantly reminded that we have the best game for tele. there is more incentive to watch games on tele then there is going out to the game because the majority (and all the finals) are telecast live within Sydney.

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol:

I wonder if the famous Dragons army will be drowned out by lesser opposition numbers again...

probably...sh*ttest 'army' in the NRL :sarcasm:

:lol: YES.

_snafu_

Immortal
Why do St George Illawarra fans refer to their team as being both the Dragons and the Saints? Surely if the club was to have two nicknames, one would have to be the Steelers?

Let me help you with that answer champ.

Where in "St George Illawarra Dragons" do you find the word Steelers?

sarahk

Juniors

Hahaha funnily enough the groom is a HUGE dragons fan so I don't know how that happened .

I fully agree with you though !!!

thommo4pm

Coach
Hahaha funnily enough the groom is a HUGE dragons fan so I don't know how that happened .

I fully agree with you though !!!

A self talked up HUGE Dragons fan.
Any massive fan of any club would not do a wedding at this time of year, especially when your side is a massive chance of still being alive at this time of year.

Hope you enjoy the wedding though Sarah. :)

Knightmare

Coach
I am expecting Suncorp to sell out this friday night, afterall it is being played at the epicentre of the rugby league universe.

I have been camped outside the Ticketek in Brisbane CBD since yesterday morning. I have gone without eating or drinking. I have seen people selling their parents into slavery and their offspring to people smugglers just for tickets to the Titans- Roosters game on Friday night. And to think people DARE question how Brisbane isn't HEARTLAND!? Typical Sydney-dwelling Philistines.

beave

Coach
you really need to do something about that chip on your shoulder......................

Knightmare

Coach
I plan on going, calling up some mates today who should be keen. Reckon they will get 40-45k there on Friday night. If it was Broncos vs Parra/ Saints/ Canterbury/ Wests I reckon it would sell out, but not Gold Coast v Easts.

Latest posts