What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Surely the Dragons/Tigers can come up with 35k fans apeice in this game.

Anything less then 70k is a disgrace.

Why do St George Illawarra fans refer to their team as being both the Dragons and the Saints? Surely if the club was to have two nicknames, one would have to be the Steelers?

The "actual" Saints won their prelim tonight and will be playing in the Grand Final next week.

lmao

This guy is serious aswell! Can't put 2 and 2 together.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I think its essential that they split the crowd. That was insane last season.
That is what they are doing - see Ticketek venue map below:

sfx62718.jpg

dragondad

First Grade
Wowww I cannot wait! Have my members tickets already, and i think that the crowd will easily surpass 70k. I'm more confident than 05, different team and the Tigers aren't on a roll like they were then. Should be a very tough game of footy though.

_Johnsy

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ans-to-flood-anz/story-e6frexnr-1225925937795

Cry of the Tiger - Legends call on fans to flood ANZ
David Riccio From: The Sunday Telegraph September 19, 2010 12:01AM

IT'S a chance for rugby league fans to create history while getting one over the rugby union boys, too.

NRL chief executive David Gallop has joined Balmain Tigers legends Steve Roach and Paul Sironen in calling on supporters of St George Illawarra and the Wests Tigers to fill ANZ Stadium and surpass the record 76,000 crowd of last year's Bulldogs-Parramatta preliminary final.
Last weekend's Bledisloe Cup between the Wallabies and All Blacks attracted a crowd of 70,288, but Roach predicts rugby league fans will surpass that mark comfortably with a record crowd of over 80,000 set to flock to the blockbuster next Saturday night.
"For anyone who loves football they should go and watch the Tigers and Saints and break the record," Roach told The Sunday Telegraph.
"It's a game worthy of the grand final and one that could easily break the record of last year.
"I still think back to the preliminary final of 2005 when it was just that sea of orange and black in the grandstands."
Tickets for the much-anticipated clash go on sale at 9am Monday and will be restricted to members of the Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra only.
The general public will get their opportunity to purchase their tickets at 9am on Tuesday.
"I reckon we'll see the house full sign," Sironen said.
"It's good to have a couple of Sydney clubs involved - I reckon we'll give the record a good shake.
"It's such a huge game."
Gallop challenged all Dragons and Tigers fans to get behind their team.
"It's quite simply a huge game," Gallop said.
"A chance to play in the grand final is on the line.
"Dragons and Tigers fans should grab the opportunity to show Parra and Dogs fans that they can match the support they showed for their teams on that memorable night last season."
A capacity crowd next Saturday night would cap a memorable season for the NRL after a record 3,151,019 fans flocked to games this year, with crowd figures up by 2.2 per cent and an average crowd attendance of 16,412.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
It should easily hit 70K, anything after 75K is a bonus since you would have to sit in the rafters if you decided to look at going late in the week.

Both sides are riding on emotion with a point to prove so should be a massive game with plenty of feeling.

sarahk

Juniors
FML I have a friends wedding on the same night . Far out of all the days in the year it had to be that night, I would've loved to go to the game . Last years game we had against the bulldogs was easily the best I've ever been to and I hope the atmosphere can be replicated this year for those that do go .
Note :to anyone planning weddings please avoid the months of September and October .

Southernsaint

Staff member
I just hope that the Tigers fans remember to take the tags off their jumpers before heading to the game next week...

DeBroncos

Juniors
I don't see How you guys think this will be over 70k to 75k when tonight's game with 2 Sydney teams did not even get 24k. I think it will be closer to 55k to 60k and it will be very lucky to get over 60k.

The Tank

Bench
I don't see How you guys think this will be over 70k to 75k when tonight's game with 2 Sydney teams did not even get 24k. I think it will be closer to 55k to 60k and it will be very lucky to get over 60k.

Are you serious? Penrith and the Roosters are 2 of the lower supported teams in Sydney, whereas the Dragons and Tigers are two of the better supported teams in Sydney.

_Johnsy

Referee
I am expecting Suncorp to sell out this friday night, afterall it is being played at the epicentre of the rugby league universe.

Rocket

Juniors
Why do St George Illawarra fans refer to their team as being both the Dragons and the Saints? Surely if the club was to have two nicknames, one would have to be the Steelers?

Because singing "Oh when the Steelers, go marching in!" would sound funny :)

This is going to be cracker of a game. Usually just my eldest son and I go to the footy but my wife and youngest son are dead keen for this given how big the game is shaping to be. No reason why each team can't have 30-35k supporters with 10k neutrals.

ozjet1

dragons have the biggest fan base in sydney, as we're told. the tigers bandwagon was huge in 2005. can't see why we couldn't see a 70,000 crowd.

so, why won't we?

would take me 40mins each way to get to the gound on Sydney's rail system, I hate the stadium, and it's live on tele.

Latest posts