What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7th ODI: England v Australia at Chester-le-Street, Sept 20 2009

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lol at the Clarke bashing. In ODIs:

Clarke Ave 42.94, SR 78.03.
Ponting Ave 42.90 SR 80.67

Scores a whopping two and a half runs less per hundred balls than arguably Australia's best ever ODI batsman.
Don't mind the Victorian mate, Hussey is the one that should be under pressure. But of course the Victorian singles out a New South Welshmen.

IanG

Coach
I was about to say whats to say Australia wont skittle the poms cheaply?

Nice looking ground though. They're playing a test there in the next Ashes series in England in 2013.

Enjoying Jim Maxwell pissing himself over Joanna Lumley Castle and the Joanna end. That and his Sat Nav.

HevyDevy

Coach
Almost every side in the world makes a mess of these batting power plays.

How could they leave it so long?

TheParraboy

Staff member
the batting powerplay should always be taken before the 35th over if your batting first imo, especially if if a few wickets have fallen or the wicket is not a batting belter. Take the opportunity to get as many runs as you can, no point waiting around.

If you have wickets in hand, you can go for broke at the end regardless if you have a powerplay or not

jargan83

Coach
Alot of the time it seems that a batting team has pre-arranged when to take the Powerplay (especially Australia) which sh*ts me off no end

IanG

Coach
the batting powerplay should always be taken before the 35th over if your batting first imo, especially if if a few wickets have fallen or the wicket is not a batting belter. Take the opportunity to get as many runs as you can, no point waiting around.

If you have wickets in hand, you can go for broke at the end regardless if you have a powerplay or not

Yeah I heard them say it'd make sence to take the batting Power Play when they change the ball.

Ridders

Coach
Lol wtf i just wake up and i find England are only chasing 176.

England will win this game but i gotta give a shout out to Bopara, my new favourite England cricketer. Dead set this guy nearly won us the Ashes and has continued his form into the ODI's.