What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8th spot will be decided whne Souths play the Knights in R.26

DC_fan

Coach
For me the team presently filling the top 7 positions will make the eight. The eighth and final team will come down to being either Newcastle or Souths.

That will be decided come R.26 when the Knights play Souths at Ausgrid Stadium in the Friday night game.

As the table stands at the moment, with Newcastle still to play this round, both teams are on 26 points. The Knights play the Broncos on Monday. A game that I expect them to lose.

So as far as competition points are concerned after this weekend both teams will be equal. The only differnece being points differentual. After last game Souths are -3. Newcastle are plus +49. With the loss to Brisbane that figure could change a little or a fair bit.

Next weekend Souths play Brisbane. This is a game while I hope we win, but I believe we will lose. If we lose then we need it to be a close loss.

The Knights are away to the Bulldogs next weekend. This is a game I believe the Knights will win. Hopefully by not too much though.

Which leads to final round Souths play Newcastle. The Knights will be 28 points and Souths will be on 26. It will be a game that Souths will have to win and possibly by a fair margin to make the finals.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You realise if Canterbury beat Manly tomorrow, they're on equal points with Souths and Newcastle?

ceagle

Bench
You realise if Canterbury beat Manly tomorrow, they're on equal points with Souths and Newcastle?
You realise their +/- is piss poor right? Bulldogs can only make it if they win all their remaining games and the Knights and Rabbits lose all their remaining.

BranVan3000

Coach
Your differential means you'll be behind either Souths or Knights come round 26 as one of them will gain the two points

Of course unless Souths lose round 25 and Knights lose the next two games, and Dogs win them all. You need a lot of luck.

Dragqueens could miss the 8 though. Warriors also have a few tough games, but should be safe if they beat Penrith

BunniesMan

Immortal
There's your problem. With your poor points differential, you'd need to not just beat them but spank them. Can't see you doing either.

Xfactor1979

Bench
What about the slip sliding st george? Their spot is up for the taking, especially with the way theyve been going about it for the last month and a half

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Newcastle won't lose on Old Boys Day against Souths in front of all the ex legends of the knights, plus a 30k+ home crowd.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Good luck beating us on OBD by 20+.

We've had some pretty massive games on that day in recent memory.

Our loss last year was against the eventual premiers. Almost coming back from a 20-0 deficit.

In 2009 it was a battle between us and Penrith for a finals berth...we won 35-0.

In 2008 we beat Melbourne WITHOUT Buderus.

In 2007 we were a rabble going into the game, and the only bad OBD performance I can remember. Vuna scored a pretty funny try off a drop-out though.

In 2006 we won 40-4 against Penrith WITHOUT Johns.

In 2005 we beat Cronulla 44-14

Beat the Tigers in 04, NQL in 03, Broncos 40-10 in 02, Penrith 60-18 in 01, Dogs in 00.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Haven't got much faith in the knights beating both the broncos and bulldogs so i expect it wil go down to the wire. Souths have all the momentum and could catch the broncos out who may be more focused on lockyers farewell or finals.

Latest posts