What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: Superthread 7 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider_69

Post Whore
THE North Queensland Cowboys may have found the man to help bolster their front-row stocks for next season with hard-hitting Canberra prop Ben Cross emerging as a strong chance to join the club.

Football manager Peter Parr last night confirmed a formal offer had been made to Cross, 26, after the towering prop was spotted at the Cowboys' base at Dairy Farmers Stadium yesterday.

Parr said Cross, a 191cm, 112kg front-rower, had inspected the club's facilities and had met with coaching staff before flying back to Canberra last night.

Parr said he was hopeful the club had done enough to lure the Batemans Bay junior, on what is expected to be either a two or three-year deal, and added the Cowboys were anticipating a decision from his manager Steve Stone within the next 48 hours.

"We're pretty hopeful of a decision sooner rather than later," he said.

"He's in demand with a few clubs but I'm hopeful we've done enough to get him."

Despite being in his mid-20s, Cross was only picked up by the Raiders out of the local Canberra competition three years ago and has played 18 National Rugby League games since making his debut in 2003.

"He certainly has some size and a presence and if we can coerce him to come here we think he would be the right fit for us," Parr said.

"He's got a presence about him and he plays his football very aggressively."

http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,15987824%5E14793,00.html
----------------

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
What a terrible day to be a raiders fan

Phillips

Referee
tell me about it.

i tried to look up nastycops the other day and, apparenrly it no longer exists :(

WHY GOD WHY :x

Raider_69

Post Whore
Phillips said:
thank you oh' mighty lord [-o<

sorry phillips i was lying.
Joshy is a raider for life... i just wanted to laugh at someones misfortune in hopes it cheered me up from this tragic Crossy news

Houdini

First Grade
Twizzle said:
well its good to see you back anyway

sorry about the Sharkies :D
Yeah, work is too busy these days, rarely get a chance to post anymore.

Sharkies will come good, just not too sure when.................

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
maybe next year

get a new job where you can post all day

no job can be that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts