What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: Superthread 9 I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Today has just been surreal so far. I get woken up early by a call from China offering me a job and then, mid conversation with my girl, one of our phones drops out and I can't get back through.

I need more sleep.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Speaking of employment - I registered on an ESL teacher's site the other day in preparation for (potentially) moving abroad with the girlfriend next year. I made a point of stressing (not once, but twice) on my page that I was not available until January.

I've had a bunch of approaches today and two actual offers of employment. All very flattering, except I'm contracted here for another three months yet and need to be in Australia for December :lol:

Monk

Referee
Speaking of employment - I registered on an ESL teacher's site the other day in preparation for (potentially) moving abroad with the girlfriend next year. I made a point of stressing (not once, but twice) on my page that I was not available until January.

I've had a bunch of approaches today and two actual offers of employment. All very flattering, except I'm contracted here for another three months yet and need to be in Australia for December :lol:

screw everyone else and take the cash!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Leaving Korea before my contract was up would see me lose four months pay ($2000 a month) as well as my $2000 completion bonus and the free flight home (which I can cash in for another $700 if I choose to go someplace else before heading home).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Misanthrope said:
All very flattering, except I'm contracted here for another three months yet and need to be in Australia for December :lol:
Ahh contracts eh. Is this where we talk about the "sanctity of the contract"? :sarcasm:

Monk

Referee
:lol: MONEY MONEY!!!!!

just go to france and chill with nasser, mundine and "Money bill millions"

Misanthrope

Staff member
Is this where we talk about the "sanctity of the contract"?

I feel no great loyalty towards my boss (although he's improved greatly since I started), but I'd feel bad ditching my kids (if I left, it would take around two months to replace me due to visa laws here) and I'd rather not turn away $10,000 that I get guaranteed with minimal effort :p

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
that sucks more than having a group of wankers make a profile of you on some matchmaker site without getting any consent from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts