What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A big hand for Georgie

roopy

Referee
Last time he played against Hannay he got his pants pulled down so badly it could have been the end of him as a firstgrader, but this week he went hunting for Hannay, and mostly hit his mark.
It was a big psychological barrier for him to jump, and he did it pretty well.

macavity

Referee
gotta agree.

Carmont actually looked like a firstgrader today for the 2nd time this year.

keep it up!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yeah Georgie did have a very solid game today, however if he stays in the team and Kidley is back at five-eight next week and Mullen is shafted to Premier League ...........

Misanthrope

Staff member
If George played like he did today for the rest of the season, I'd almost forgive Knights' management for throwing so much cash at him last year

Alex28

Coach
If both the Gidleys are back next week, I'd prefer to see:

1. Thaiday
2. Carmont
3. M. Kidley
4. K. Gidley
5. Quinn
6. Mullen
7. Johns

It was a much better performance by George - if he plays with that much commitment every week he might even win some fans here. He made his breaks on the left hand side and could work well with Matt Gidley. Tighe (while he played well in attack) and Salkeld were poor in defence - they were constantly out of position and gave Bowen and Bowman too much space (responsible for 2 of the 4 tries).

Johns Magic

Referee
chriswalkerbush said:
f**k Quinn off. He's a joke. I'd rather bring back Russell Richardson

Quinn's the best support runner we have, and he always bumps off players. I'd rather him than Salkeld.

Alex28

Coach
Salkeld was concerning in defence - he had a case of the Milton's in where he was defending in the first half - the room Bowen and Bowman had out there was the main cause to why we were so far behind in the first half. Salkeld will be good in time - right now we probably need Quinn's experience.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Quinn's the best support runner we have, and he always bumps off players. I'd rather him than Salkeld.

He's also a leaky mother-f**ker. He let in the softest try I've ever seen today, and has been worse than Carmont in a few other games this year. I'd rather have a little less impact on the wing in exchange for two less opposition tries.

What was the Richardson experiment like?

Abysmal failure. Was a decent premier league player, and little else

Johns Magic

Referee
chriswalkerbush said:
He's also a leaky mother-f**ker. He let in the softest try I've ever seen today, and has been worse than Carmont in a few other games this year. I'd rather have a little less impact on the wing in exchange for two less opposition tries.

Which is exactly what Salkeld gifted them today.

Before this season Quinn was just about our best defensive outside back. It's no coincidence that he's been defending like Carmont ever since he's been forced to partner him.

That soft try today was a misunderstanding between a winger and his fulback. While they were both at fault, it was probably Milton's ball to take as he was the one running in the right direction. That's something people are coached in high school.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Before this season Quinn was just about our best defensive outside back. It's no coincidence that he's been defending like Carmont ever since he's been forced to partner him.

Yet you suggest we continue that proven partnership? Jesus, maybe you should be coaching Cronulla.

Alex28

Coach
Come on JM - Quinn was right there! He would have been less than a metre away from the ball and just stood there while Sing scored. It was Quinn's fault - come on...admit it...

Ben

Bench
It was as much as Quinn's fault as it was Thaiday. There was no communication at all between the two and Sing just pounced. Quinn was going back and he did not call for Thaiday to take or did he take it himself. Thaiday did exactly the same. So in other words both of them are equal culprits for their own woes

Stranger

Coach
Gotta give credit where credit is due and Carmot showed today he still has some skill that we saw last year.

Thiaday IMO has to be moved from fullback for defence and bring him into the fullback roll in attack..

Johns Magic

Referee
chriswalkerbush said:
Yet you suggest we continue that proven partnership? Jesus, maybe you should be coaching Cronulla.

Why have a go at Quinn when clearly Carmont is the problem?

I highly doubt Gidley will return this week.

I thought it was quite obvious that Carmont had picked up his game in the last fortnight.

That side of the field made the most line breaks, most metres and least mistackles of any centre-wing partnership from either team today.

Why the f**k would you drop someone when they start performing?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Why have a go at Quinn when clearly Carmont is the problem?

I highly doubt Gidley will return this week.

I thought it was quite obvious that Carmont had picked up his game in the last fortnight.

That side of the field made the most line breaks, most metres and least mistackles of any centre-wing partnership from either team today.

I didn't suggest we drop Carmont. I think he's really lifted these last few weeks. Quinn simply doesn't offer enough. I'd rather see Hinton at fb, and Thaidy/Cooper on the wings. Long term, guys like Quinn and Hall are not first graders

Misanthrope

Staff member

And on that, it'd stay in the trend management have set. Wouldn't surrpise me if Mullen took a rest this week, just like Cooper and Tighe have before. Hell, what about White? He was one of our best earlier in the year, and got sacked.

Jono078

Referee
Why did this have to go offtopic...

Good on ya Gorgie boy, really has stepped up recently.