What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Contract is a Contract, is a Contract....or is it?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
These are the statements made re Moltzen last July:

Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys:

"the announcement this afternoon has come as a complete surprise to us"

(Said despite overwhelming evidence that it was common knowlege for days, if not weeks. See Sheens and Doust quotes below.)

"We are extremely disappointed that they chose this course of action without any co-ordination or agreement with us."

(Said despite the fact that Saints say they informed Wests Tigers in advance. See Doust quote below.)

He described the announcement as ''premature'', even though the Herald understands the Tigers have agreed to release Moltzen from the final year of his contract.

In reply, Dragons CEO Peter Doust released this statement:

"The announcement … by the Dragons regarding the signing of Tim Moltzen was based on information relayed to us about Tim's status with Wests Tigers in 2012, and after discussions with Tim and his management."

"Our intention to make this announcement was communicated to Wests Tigers in advance of the announcement, even though it has always been our understanding and the standard practice within the game that the club signing a player makes any such announcement."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ragons-deal-20110708-1h6p4.html#ixzz1RbpYOjKz

In the post-match press conference, Tim Sheens was asked if the media release from Humphreys about Tim Moltzen leaving affected the team's performance.

Tim Sheens:

"That's got nothing to do with it. The boys were well aware that Tim was moving on. The fact that it was put in [the media] has nothing to do with it."

Hmmm...

I can't help but keep coming back to Humphreys' claim: "the announcement this afternoon has come as a complete surprise to us"

Also worth noting that people were discussing Moltzen's signing here in this very forum, days before it was officially announced. Is Humphreys really Sergeant Schultz in disguise?
Sgt1.jpg

Last edited:

Collateral

Coach
Im glad in a way. I used to hate the Sharks with a passion but lately there is no reason to even hate them. I sort of feel sorry for them more than anything. However, they have been replaced and exceeded by my hate for the Tigers. Growing up in Tigertown and dealing with their fans (since Benji) has been annoying enough but the way their club and players act has just fuelled the fire.

Cant wait till we play them again. I love how much I hate them lol.

Fordy20

Juniors
Nice work, Willow. I notice you deliberately left out the part where back in July Humphreys stated that the Tigers had not formally agreed to release him from the final year of his playing contract.

Source

thommo4pm

Coach
Nice work, Willow. I notice you deliberately left out the part where back in July Humphreys stated that the Tigers had not formally agreed to release him from the final year of his playing contract.

Source

So your clubs coach and CEO don't talk?

Sheens "the boys were well aware that Tim was moving on"

Why would Sheens say that (given he is apparently head coach), if he didn't believe that Moltzen was not going to be in his playing roster for next year?

Father Ted

First Grade
Just look at his 2010 season. if the saints are to be a "rugby league super club" we need to strengthen our attack we are great front runners and awesome at the grind but we struggle to manufacture points and a player like Carney would give us what our attack desperately needs(The X factor) Sorward and Hornby are good but predictable Moltzen would have gave us that but he's gone we have got to looking outside the square to strengthen our attack and a player like Carney might be the answer

I think the benefits Bennett brought to our club culture would be lost in a single season if we signed Carney and the repair work would take seasons plural. Have a Look at the state of clubs Carney has played for when he left. Just because some fool from the kittens wants to stay with his boyfriends doesn't mean we should panic. Someone with talent will appear especially if we give them a chance they always do. As for our Attack I think the emergence of Cameron King, Jack DeBelin and Evander Cummins plus some of our other signings for next year will make for a rewarding year.

So if we've missed out on Moltzen (not sure that's a bad thing anyway) why make things worse by signing Carney?

I don't think the player group would react well to it at all, let alone giving Price a potential headache to manage before his NRL coaching career even starts.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Source
So you think for others? Cool, but you're wrong. I didn't deliberately do any anything of the sort chuckles.

The SMH saw it differently. As did coach Tim Sheens.

Add it the list of contradictions.

So apart from a piece of nit picking, you can't find any fault with what I posted. Good to see.

FTR, I don't give a stuff if Moltzen comes or not. Good luck to him. I'm just calling your CEO as being at the head of a rabble.

Last edited:

R2Coupe

Juniors
11-07-2011, 08:59 AM
R2Coupe
user_online.gif

icon1.gif
Re: Moltzen signing confirmed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
Moltzen has been released. If he hasn't beem released then they wouldn't be letting him go. Is it rocket science?

I hereby declare R2Coupe the granny of the forums. Tea and scones all round.

Still deflecting. Your inability to produce is confirmation Humphreys is correct and his comments were appropriate.

Go back and review the issue. One day you might understand. But then again it is you so I don't hold out much hope!

My comments were prophetic! :D

progress.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. I have a follower. I see Humphreys' babysitter is back.

Hey r2Groupie, did you ever get around to asking the SMH and coach Sheens why they thought Moltzen was released? Or your memory as selected as your education?

And aren't you the fella who couldn't explain why Sheens contradicted Humphreys?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The granny strikes again. Hey, you're the nuffy who has been saving up a sook from three months ago.

Still can't answer the question I see.

Stephen Humphreys: "the announcement this afternoon has come as a complete surprise to us"

Tim Sheens: "That's got nothing to do with it. The boys were well aware that Tim was moving on."

Father Ted

First Grade
The answer is of course no one knew they had a UFC fighter who only fought women in their ranks. So now everything is changed. Stay at the Tigers Tim , Cat by name cat by nature.

R2Coupe

Juniors
The granny strikes again. Hey, you're the nuffy who has been saving up a sook from three months ago.

Still can't answer the question I see.

Stephen Humphreys: "the announcement this afternoon has come as a complete surprise to us"

Tim Sheens: "That's got nothing to do with it. The boys were well aware that Tim was moving on."

:D Keep it coming. It's so easy.:lol:

R2Coupe

Juniors
Read this, it is entirely self explanatory.

Maybe you could explain it to Willow:lol:

Re: A Contract is a Contract, is a Contract....or is it?
11-07-2011, 08:59 AM
R2Coupe
user_online.gif

icon1.gif
Re: Moltzen signing confirmed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
Moltzen has been released. If he hasn't beem released then they wouldn't be letting him go. Is it rocket science?

I hereby declare R2Coupe the granny of the forums. Tea and scones all round.

Still deflecting. Your inability to produce is confirmation Humphreys is correct and his comments were appropriate.

Go back and review the issue. One day you might understand. But then again it is you so I don't hold out much hope!

My comments were prophetic! :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Haha! Smug troll gets cornered. Reverts to emoticons and mindless chatter. So predictable.
The answer is of course no one knew they had a UFC fighter who only fought women in their ranks. So now everything is changed. Stay at the Tigers Tim , Cat by name cat by nature.
It certainly looks to be as simple as that. If they didn't a problem player to deal with, WT would have let Moltzen go... and the self righteous nuffies would still be hiding under their collective rocks.

Regardless of the outcome, Moltzen was always Balmain's second choice.

Vic Mackey

Referee
im kinda torn, i dont like moltzen at all and want him to go

but on the other hand him staying pisses saints off

Willow

Assistant Moderator
im kinda torn, i dont like moltzen at all and want him to go

but on the other hand him staying pisses saints off
Well you know what they say Vic, every cloud has a silver lining. I believe we'll do well out of this regardless of the outcome. There's certainly a few other players in the pipeline.

Signing a player to piss off someone else. Is that the basis of Schultz's business plan? Wouldn't surprise me.

And Vic, you keep telling everyone that you love Saints. Keep living the dream. lol

Latest posts