What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A load of bullsh*t

ozcrusader

Bench
Pat Richards scored a try with about a minute to go.

There was doubt about this try.

THEREFORE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT RULE APPLIES TO THE ATTACKING TEAM.

A load of bullsh*T

Anonymous

Juniors
Yeh it's total crap. He should have paid the try, or sent it back down to the ref.
I'm severely pissed off.

Suzie

Juniors
Not again! :evil: Bloody hell ... when will our games be talked about because of the game and not the ineptitude of the f@rkin refs?!! :evil: How many games this season? How many competition points have teh tigers been dudded? bloody hell! :evil:

axl rose

Bench
Suzie said:
Not again! :evil: Bloody hell ... when will our games be talked about because of the game and not the ineptitude of the f@rkin refs?!! :evil: How many games this season? How many competition points have teh tigers been dudded? bloody hell! :evil:

i havent seen the game, can someone please tell me what happened? as hard as it may be the re live again

ozcrusader

Bench
Look I HATE it when people blame the ref when we lose.

But this decision was blatant bullsh*t

The VR looked at about 150000000 million replays - which means there ws DOUBT.

Benefit of the doubt goes to US.

f**k me DEAD - how hard is it?????

Suzie

Juniors
Dunno??? It sounds pretty simple to me - doubt in the try = benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team. It ain't rocket science, but they just don't seem able to apply it to the tigers' games :evil:

ozcrusader

Bench
axl rose said:
Suzie said:

i havent seen the game, can someone please tell me what happened? as hard as it may be the re live again

Basically we were down 24-20 with about a minute to go.

Pat Richards scored in the far corneer but there was doubt as to whether he got the ball down before being pushed over the touchline. The corner post obscured the view.

The VR looked at least 20 replays - he couldnt come to a conclusive decision. Therefore it should have been a try.

ucantseeme

Juniors
The video ref, Tim Mander, who incidently lives in Brisbane, looked at the same few angles a 1000 times but only looked at the most important angle once. There was a shot almost side on and close up that made it DEFINATELY look like a try but he only viewed it once. Even Laurie Daley was saying it looked like a try from that angle.

axl rose

Bench
goangod said:
axl rose said:
Suzie said:

Basically we were down 24-20 with about a minute to go.

Pat Richards scored in the far corneer but there was doubt as to whether he got the ball down before being pushed over the touchline. The corner post obscured the view.

The VR looked at least 20 replays - he couldnt come to a conclusive decision. Therefore it should have been a try.

Shouldnt that go back to the touch judges call. Well anyway thanks.

ozcrusader

Bench
axl rose said:
Shouldnt that go back to the touch judges call. Well anyway thanks.

I don't think the refs or touchies had any idea.

It was very, very, very close.

Unbelievable.

I cannot believe they would make such an elementary mistake.

Wilks

Juniors
f**k me.
I cant believe this.
Where was the evidence from any angle that he didnt get it down?
I couldnt tell, how the hell could Mander.
What did Mander see that I didnt?
That will do me.

If its not clear now that Finch and his cronies are bent then it never will be.
Once again, we're farked over - but thats OK its only the Wests Tigers. : evil:

jirskyr

Juniors
I gotta admit I wasn't convinced it was a try as it happened. And not by the replays either.

In Mander's defence, perhaps he believed Richards went out and was looking for the angle that proved he did not. Benefit of the doubt applies when you cannot be sure what happened; Mander may have believed that he went out and was looking for the doubt to decide otherwise.

Honestly too tough to call either way.

tigpie

Juniors
I was amazed that Warren Smith argued with Laurie Daley, saying "the benefit of the doubt doesn't always have to go to the attacking team". As Laurie said, "Then why have the rule?"
I feel gutted! :cry:

ucantseeme

Juniors
i wonder what would have happened if it were another team and it was Matt Utai or Anthony Minichello diving in corner the same as Pat Richards in the dying moments of the game to tie it up and possibly win?

Maybe if he was current Origin/Test winger Pat Richards from premiership heavyweights Team X, then it would be a try.

Latest posts