What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A message for Souths fans

Vicious

Bench
Dog-E said:
Scuse me??

We at least put something into the DEVELOPMENT of our players!!!!

Patten - brought in from Saints Premier LEague - unwanted
Anasta - Not our fault Souths folded and he needed a new club - I SINCERELY doubt we'd have gone after him in the course of 'regular' business!
Williams - Oh PLEASE!!...Has been with the club since he was 15!
Ryan - Was playing Premier League at Parra at the time we signed him!!! Unbelievably!...Plus he was a childhood Dogs' fan growing up in Dubbo! :D
Mason - Taken from Newcastle when he was 16-17?
Asotasi - See Williams/Mason
Grimaldi - Another taken from St. George's reserves...athis 2nd spell with us after 2-3 years in the UK.
Lolesi - Ok, I'll give u J-Ho! He goes just wherever the $$$ are at!! :lol:
Maitua - Came thru our ranks after 1-2 years back with Souths after being enticed back into footy after GIVING up at one stage - after seeing what his good mate Braith had achieved!
Tonga - From Eels Premier League
O'Meley - Ok, we nabbed him cold!...and do u know what??...I am DAMNED GLAD we did!!..When we go after an 'established' player...it isn't just ANY & EVERY old bum, u know?! WELL known that Gould & Stuart have had several cracks at getting him over to Bondi - but were told in no uncertain terms where they could shove their dodgy offers! :p
Czislowski - From the Toowoomba Clydesdales...Now in OUR pl side!

Come again!??!?!?! :lol:

Exactly, the Bulldogs don`t bleed the lesser talented sides, they find unwanted and emerging talent unlike the Roosters!

Dog-E

Juniors
Fairfax said:
Ryan & Tonga were first graders @ Parramatta, but as we know some sections of the Dogs community will say anything.

I know Patten was playing 1st grade @ Saints and I couldn't believe that the Dogs picked him up. As we know now, they were proven to be cheating the cap extensively.

How many Bulldogs juniors in that list?

Having playing first grade...and being an established first grader - are 2 VERY different things my man!!

Tonga had played, what - 4 games in 2 years for Parra??

PAtten played in a GF for Saints in...1999 I believe...Then spent 2000 in Premier League, and was RELEASED by the Saints...unwanted!

Dog-E said:
Having playing first grade...and being an established first grader - are 2 VERY different things my man!!

Tonga had played, what - 4 games in 2 years for Parra??

PAtten played in a GF for Saints in...1999 I believe...Then spent 2000 in Premier League, and was RELEASED by the Saints...unwanted!

I'm not even sure he played in the GF. Wasn't Nathan Blacklock the fullback in the GF.

Dog-E

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
I'm not even sure he played in the GF. Wasn't Nathan Blacklock the fullback in the GF.

Dunno what year - but he DEFO played in a GF with Saints...hold on ill find out...

Kiwi

First Grade
Dog-E said:
Scuse me??

We at least put something into the DEVELOPMENT of our players!!!!

Patten - brought in from Saints Premier LEague - unwanted
Anasta - Not our fault Souths folded and he needed a new club - I SINCERELY doubt we'd have gone after him in the course of 'regular' business!
Williams - Oh PLEASE!!...Has been with the club since he was 15!
Ryan - Was playing Premier League at Parra at the time we signed him!!! Unbelievably!...Plus he was a childhood Dogs' fan growing up in Dubbo! :D
Mason - Taken from Newcastle when he was 16-17?
Asotasi - See Williams/Mason
Grimaldi - Another taken from St. George's reserves...athis 2nd spell with us after 2-3 years in the UK.
Lolesi - Ok, I'll give u J-Ho! He goes just wherever the $$$ are at!! :lol:
Maitua - Came thru our ranks after 1-2 years back with Souths after being enticed back into footy after GIVING up at one stage - after seeing what his good mate Braith had achieved!
Tonga - From Eels Premier League
O'Meley - Ok, we nabbed him cold!...and do u know what??...I am DAMNED GLAD we did!!..When we go after an 'established' player...it isn't just ANY & EVERY old bum, u know?! WELL known that Gould & Stuart have had several cracks at getting him over to Bondi - but were told in no uncertain terms where they could shove their dodgy offers! :p
Czislowski - From the Toowoomba Clydesdales...Now in OUR pl side!

Come again!??!?!?!

Patten and Ryan in PL when signed :lol:

The only ones you could say "came through the Bulldogs ranks" or where "developed by the Bulldogs" are Maitua, Williams, Mason and maybe Grimaldi. The rest were bought and paid for in much the same way as the Rooster do.

Of those players... how many signed contracts during the Dogs salary cap breach?

O'Meley?
Tonga?
Anasta?
Patten?
Ryan?

Ask yourself this, would any of them have definately become Bulldogs without the cheating? Maybe some, but not all.

annav

Juniors
some of u need to get a life...every club should be doing their best and within the rules of course to snare the best available talent..all this finger pointing is going no where.

annav

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Patten and Ryan in PL when signed :lol:

The only ones you could say "came through the Bulldogs ranks" or where "developed by the Bulldogs" are Maitua, Williams, Mason and maybe Grimaldi. The rest were bought and paid for in much the same way as the Rooster do.

Of those players... how many signed contracts during the Dogs salary cap breach?

O'Meley?
Tonga?
Anasta?
Patten?
Ryan?

Ask yourself this, would any of them have definately become Bulldogs without the cheating? Maybe some, but not all.

only 2 of them were at the club in 2002.....

Misty Bee

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
I guess Parramatta are the only club allowed to go on shopping sprees or are the names Tahu, Morrison, Riddell and Stringer momentarily escaping you.

Onto Players at a 3rd club or more at the Eels

Stringer - Norths > Northern Eagles > Souths > Eels
Riddell - Roosters > Dragons > Eels
Morrison - Balmain > Norths > Cowboys > Eels

Plus PJ Marsh, Chad Robinson and Eric Grothe who are back at Parra after playing for other clubs.

Roosters players at 3rd club or more

Roberts - Dragons > Panthers > Roosters
Walker - Broncos > Souths > Roosters
Finch - Knights > Raiders > Roosters

Parra have occasionally gone on sprees when it's called for. We are more familiar with the Souths experience - for years the salary cap stopped us buying replacements for superstars of past eras.

The difference between Parra and Easts is that our core is mainly made up of our own products. Hindmarsh, Cayless, Vella, Burt, Guru, McKinnon and Tim Smith all came up through the grades. At Easts, no bloody one deoas. Oh that's right, Luke Rickettson - first junior toplay for Oz zince, who, Dick Dunn? (You wouldn't know him - he was never on a Roosters shopping list).

BTW you left Morley off your list. And next year, you can add 2 more, therefore doubling Parra's commitment.

On PJ, Robinson and Grothe (you forgot McKinnon) -what's that tell you about the club when pklayers want to come back (and 2 from the Chooks???)

Kiwi

First Grade
annav said:
only 2 of them were at the club in 2002.....

And they were????

Cause I think you'll find it was more....

O'Meley joined the club at the end of 2001, playing the 2002 season.

Anasta debuted for the Bulldogs in 2000

Patten joined end of 2000, playing for them since 2001

Ryan signed mid 2002, which is why I included him.

So thats 4....3 played the 2002 season, 1 signed during. ALL 4 signed contracts during the cheating.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Andrew Ryan was certainly NOT in premier leage when the Dog's signed him. He was our Origin backrower!!!!

madunit said:
SPOT ON!

No team wants to join a mob of losers who's trophy cabinet of late holds a heap of wooden spoons.
No player wants to join a team that cannot formulate a winning culture from what they have.
No matter how much money you have bunnies, you'll never win a premiership or a finals appearance.

:lol:

Are you a Sharks fan ?

If so, you really shouldn't talk about trophy cabinets or winning premierships.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Lol - a Sharks fan bagging a Souths fan on not winning premierships. Sort of like Amanda Vanstone bagging Paris Hilton for cellulite.

Bumble

First Grade
Kiwi said:
The only ones you could say "came through the Bulldogs ranks" or where "developed by the Bulldogs" are Maitua

No way! Maitua is a Souths junior and was released after the copper bashing incidient.

Bumble

First Grade
Fairfax said:
Who are the Melbourne juniors since 1999? Answers on the back of an envelope and mail it to NRL HQ!

Oh yeah, and I just LOOOOOVE the Storm!:rolleyes:

Rammo

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Is it any wonder that your crap club can't sign any decent players. Souths are serial wooden spooners, They haven't made the semis since 1989, they haven't won a comp since 1971 and the last time you beat the Roosters in a premiership game was 1994.
After reading your charming comments about Harrison I'm sure he can't wait to get out of the place. The bloke has tried his guts out for Souths, week in week out and yet what has he got to show for it. Souths are 2nd last and a fourth consecutive wooden spoon is well and truly on the cards. The outlook for next year is even worse. Playing in a crap side in front of 6000 in the biggest stadium in Australia, the atmosphere will be non existant. Add to this the other fact that Souths will get smashed from pillar to post would hardly give the bloke a reason to re-sign.
Someone said that he should be hung, drawn and quartered for knocking back Souths captaincy to sign with Easts, that it's the ultimate insult. I'll let you in on a little secret....It's not 1971 anymore and Souths ARE NOT a rugby league powerhouse, instead they are a laughing stock. Any player who wants a shot at premiership glory will join Brisbane, Canterbury, Parra, Easts and maybe one other.
That's why Ashley Harrison has joined the Roosters. It's why Chris Walker joined the Roosters, It's why Craig Wing stayed with Easts even though his contract gave him the option of going back to Souths on their readmittance. It's why Bell joined Manly and it's why Orford will join Manly and also why Braith Anasta will announce tomorrow that he has signed with Easts. Anasta, a player who's uncle is the patriarch of Souths. A player who was offered $700,000 to be a rabbitoh and yet through all of this Anasta has decided to join a club where he has a realistic chance of winning a comp and a realistic chance of improving his rep career.
The notion that Souths are the pride of the comp is a misnomer. Souths future is on thin ice and unless they move to the Central Coast and take advantage of what that area has to offer them then they may as well register with the Metro Cup because that is where they are heading!

Senile bastards like yourself are making the Roosters more and more hated, I think people now even hate your team more than my team.

Rammo

Juniors
Bulldogs-Take advantage of unwanted talent from other clubs and also develop their own juniors.

Roosters-Buy players in their prime at other clubs and the word "Development" is not in their dictionary.

jimmythehand

Juniors
The funny thing about Patten is that I did not rate him at all. I truly thought he was a reserve grader and couldn't believe the dogs had bought him. Hadn't seen much of Tonga but thought pretty much the same about him too.

I think the dogs are great at identifying potential and moulding them into players that suit the style of the club. These players might not have made first grade at any other club, the dogs just saw how they could fit into their plans and they executed them perfectly.

Latest posts