What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A national disgrace. Hindmarsh is ruled out -Mason plays unfit!!!!

***MH***

Bench
Bennett conceded to the media this morning that Mason was selected for loyalty reasons. Because he was injured on tour last season, he felt that the Kangaroos owed Mason for loss of game time throughout this season.

Meanie

Juniors
bartman said:
A few people are saying even without Hindmarsh this is the strongest Aussie squad in years, and that we're not going to lose anytime soon. Maybe it's the ashes that has me feeling less confident, but I'm not so sure this sqaud is all that great...

1. Minichello
2. Tahu
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. King
6. Lockyer
7. Johns
8. Price
9. Buderis
10. Civoniceva
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Kennedy
13. Barrett

How is that not a great team?

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
you know what misty brain? If Hindmarsh went and did further damage to his knee and was to miss 20 weeks of 2006 you and every other eels supporter would have been up in arms whinging and complaining about why they played a "non fit" player. I cant just see it now. The ARL is in a no win situation with the bum crack from parra.
Hindy is fit to go :lol: :lol: The eels played cloak and dagger stuff the last 3 weeks saying he will play the prelim final etc etc. Then he will play in the GF "IF" they make it :lol: They didnt make it. Hindmarsh is not fit as he has a knee injury. I dont think he was ever going to play in the finals series contrary to the fairy tales to the eels were preaching.
Mason is not suffering any injury whatsoever...Hindmarsh is.
Mason played the last 6 games of the yr and didnt suffer any injuries.
All that was wrong with him is that he couldnt run until recently and was doing alot of cross training.

He is not suffering an injury Charlie. He is returning from surgery that has fixed an injury. He was never given a chance to prove his fitness. I'm happy he is staying home but given Bennett's cause for loyalty to be shown, he should have been allowed the chance. Ryles and now Cooper and your beloved Lockyer are under INJURY clouds yet will be given the time to prove their fitness.

Mr Saab

Referee
a hamstring injury is alot different to a posterior cruciate ligament.
Your beloved Hindmarsh was ruled out by Dr Hugh Hazzard...why dont you give him a call and vent your frustrations.
Wally Lewis was returning from a broken arm but he wasnt given any chance to go on tour...and he was the bloody captain.
I have zero sympathy for the bum crack. As i said, if he went and injured that same knee you and every other eels supporter would want Bennetts head on a platter.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
a hamstring injury is alot different to a posterior cruciate ligament.
Your beloved Hindmarsh was ruled out by Dr Hugh Hazzard...why dont you give him a call and vent your frustrations.
Wally Lewis was returning from a broken arm but he wasnt given any chance to go on tour...and he was the bloody captain.
I have zero sympathy for the bum crack. As i said, if he went and injured that same knee you and every other eels supporter would want Bennetts head on a platter.

I have sympathy for you Charlie, it is 2005 not 1990....... medical science has come a long way since then. Personally I thought Wally was robbed as well, but I was able to get over it.

As has been stated Hindmarsh was given a medical clearance.... Wally was trying to get one.

As I have said countless times, my gripe isn't with Hindmarsh being dropped. My gripe is when the national coach says he won't play unfit players and reports suggest that there are more than just Hindmarsh who is unfit. His reasons for not selecting anyone from the Grand Final are just as ludicrous. Bennett is passed his best.....all he has now is excuses.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
if hindmarsh was given clearance then why did he fail the medical?

His orthapaedic surgeon gave him clearance to play. Hugh Hazzard, not an orthapaedic surgeon, believes otherwise stating that he was three to four weeks away. Gicven the short time he was apparently there for was he given a fitness test to prove otherwise? You tell me who you'd believe?

Mr Saab

Referee
hmmm does the eels surgeon have any links to the parramatta club? I think so huh.
I am not saying that michael johnson is not good, not at all...but as they say, its always worth getting a 2nd opinion.
Perhaps we will see a fued between hazzard and johnson on the backpage of the tele tommorow.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
hmmm does the eels surgeon have any links to the parramatta club? I think so huh.
I am not saying that michael johnson is not good, not at all...but as they say, its always worth getting a 2nd opinion.
Perhaps we will see a fued between hazzard and johnson on the backpage of the tele tommorow.

Why would the Michael Johnson risk the health of the club's marquee player (and most likely his job) by clearing him to take part in the Tri-Nations if he didn't think he was fit Charlie?

Mr Saab

Referee
i dont know colonel...i am not suggesting he would. All i said was that Michael Johnson has links to the Parra club.
I never suggested that he would risk injury to Bum Crack.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
i dont know colonel...i am not suggesting he would. All i said was that Michael Johnson has links to the Parra club.
I never suggested that he would risk injury to Bum Crack.

He has more than links Charlie, he is the club doctor. Still he has operated on quite a few players from other clubs as well....... and is apparently rated as the best knee surgeon in NSW. Seems like a pretty good recommendation regardless of who he is linked with....

Mr Saab

Referee
i am aware he is the clib Dr.
As i said maybe James Hooper or Paul Kent can investigate it so it can be on the back page tomorrow.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
i am aware he is the clib Dr.
As i said maybe James Hooper or Paul Kent can investigate it so it can be on the back page tomorrow.

You'd like that wouldn't you Charlie, just to give it some real credibility......

Mr Saab

Referee
couldnt care less really.
Hindmarsh is out and thats the bottom line. It is one for the archives....just like King Wally Lewis.
Conspiracy theories abound

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
couldnt care less really.
Hindmarsh is out and thats the bottom line. It is one for the archives....just like King Wally Lewis.
Conspiracy theories abound

Conspiracy theories? :lol: Far from it Charlie...... just a healthy case of double standards.

Mr Saab

Referee
be thankful he isnt going on tour. If he did a Wilie Mason to his knee then you would be even more angry

Rammo

Juniors
Cry me a river Parra fans, at least now that Hindmarsh is out he can fully recover and get a good pre-season under his belt, whereas Mason will continue to fall behind schedule, but I suppose you're all too stupid to work that one out.

The Colonel

Immortal
I'm happy to see him stay at home. I've stated it all along. I'd just like to see less double standards applied to the selection of the Australian side......

I'd just hope as well that Mason being selected underdone doesn't come back to hurt the Bulldogs........ if egg is left on Bennetts face, I couldn't care less.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
AuckMel said:
I don't blame your mob for not wanting to face a full strength Kiwi team these days.

You actually pay us the ultimate compliment by having two sets of rules.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mr Saab

Referee
i assure there is no egg on bennetts face...all that egg is on B Smiths face. Misty Brains all time fav coach!

Latest posts