What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Natural Death???

What is happeningto the LWOS site?
There are very few posts here anymore.
I used to look forward to dropping in and perusing the scene,but there has been a dramatic drop off and it feels like the main bar at the pub has been closed.
I mean I only go to 2 sites (WORL Dragons) and here.
Intelligence, intensity and wit are the traits that appeal to me here and now that I have made a post that trifecta has just taken a battering.
What is the story folks,why are we being reduced to cyberspace nanoseconds?

C

CanadianSteve

I have noticed the same thing, Lord Ted. I saw EA had returned to TFS recently,after quitting there for a few months, and when I asked him about it he mentioned the fact that not much was happening on LWOS as one reason he went back to TFS.

I know I haven't been on here as much as usual, partly out of being busy in life and partly not having much to say. Maybe others are going through a similar phase, as in Outlaw's decision to leave.

I can't help thinking that part of the slowdown here is due to the managers/regulars spending more time with the Front Row/League Unlimited. I'd like to see more of Legend and Ozbash, among others, here.

C

CanadianSteve

I just noticed MFC hasn't posted here in almost a month. There's likely a big reason for a slowdown here as he starts a lot of threads. Moffo, where are you.

O

ozbash

like bronco,the front row is my home now.
we have all been very busy on the front row and www.leagueunlimited.com and it is starting to show in the stats.
popularity wise,LU is racing ahead of nearly every footy site on the net.
we are making gains at a very surprising rate. ;)
not bad for a basically new site.

there are a lot of new and exciting things happening at League Unlimited and the Front Row so keep yours eyes open.

it is my hope that every member of LWOS makes their way over, they deserve to be rewarded for their loyalty to this board and it would be great to include you blokes (and blokesses) in the site.

Seeing one brain cell having conversations with himself turned me away, I try and come over every now and then, but as you guys say it is pretty quite. I will continue to post here, but having the wooof wooof fool here really brings the IQ level here down.

Navigator

Juniors
I'd visit the forum at the FrontRow more often if it wasn't for the bottom message popping up every other visit. It's put a sour taste in my mouth.

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr valign=top> <td> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td align=left width="33%">
sutop.gif
</td> <td align=middle width="33%"> language=JAVASCRIPT> window.defaultStatus = "League Unlimited" &lt;/SCRIPT> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionRead (recv()). D:\INETPUB\LEAGUEUNLIMITED\WWW\XFORUM\../ads/ad.asp, line 77 </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

I get the same error, I have joined but get this error occasionally
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionRead (recv()). D:\INETPUB\LEAGUEUNLIMITED\WWW\FRAMES\../ads/ad.asp, line 77 I am not sure what your setup is but you really need to change your HTTP error messages as showing the path to the outside world is very unsecure. I work in ITsecurity and know this can be altered, keep up the hard work guys:)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mr Angry and C.S. You'll get the occasional error message because the site is growing at pretty fast rate. The web programmer is fiddling with codes every day. Sometimes he forgets to to do something but some of the time he's in the middle of adjusting a file. Sort of like hitting some road works while driving your car. Apologies all round but it will happen while we're improving things.

Its not a security issue and its rectified pretty quickly. I guess when the site finally settles down and we have it the way we like it, the error messages will disappear.

In any case, it would be helpful if you see a message to simply send us an email: website@leagueunlimited.com . There's also a website comments forum at The Front Row. Feedback is always appeciated but the web programmer rarely reads LWOS.... although I try to pass everything on.

------------------------------------------------------------
Lord Ted:

Inreply toyour query. Its true that LWOS has dropped off a lot but it did the same last year... although I agree that the drop off it greater this time round. The forum always seems to have an increase in the off-season.

The last time we had a big influx of members was during the last upheaval at Grandstand. It wasnt that long ago. But it seemed that most people were happy with the phpBB style forums and most eventually filtered through to other forums with similar formats. It seems that not everyone likes the Nine Msn format.

We're still trying to finalise things so we can have a truly dynamic forum at League Unlimited. For reasons that have been mentioned in this thread, we're still working on that. But I'm convinced that The Front Row will eventually be a great forum.

LWOS will still be here. We can be proud of this place because it had a lot to do with changing the perception that RL forum communities had to protect their memberships. We broke away from the notion that we owned the membership.

IMO, the only thing that is dyinga natural death is the attitude thatyou can only belong to one forum.

But at the end of the day, people willgather where they feel most comfortable. The good news is that we have so many forums to choose from - something that certain people in the past were working against.

Forums are on the increase and as time goes on, we'll have even more discussions to choose from. That can't be a bad thing.

V

Vertigo

I thought it was just me. Here's the graphics I get.
V.

sutop.gif

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP]Provider for ODBC[DLBV-TCP/DEFAULT]window.default
D:\INETPUB\LEAGUEUNLIMITED\WWW\XFORUM\../ads/ad.Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' asp, line 77
JAVASCRIPT&gt; window.defaultStatus = "League Unlimited"[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][

Willow

Assistant Moderator
correction: 'Mr Angry and CS' should have said, 'Mr Angry and Navigator'

imported_midas

Juniors
What am I missing? All this talk about the Front row,so I click on the link and get a site where the last post was 10 days ago.
Is there more than one?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bronco, The pros and cons have all been covered and your opinion wasn't seen until now. Is there a problem with your email?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was being polite bronco. What should have said was there a problem with you replying by email. But never mind, we're all friends here.

The reasons for the changes to a phpBB format go back to the problems with the ISP in the USA but mostly the reasons are becuase it'll be best in the long run.
There are plans in the pipeline which make the move from anASP forum to aPHP forum quite essential.

It'll be s mooth transition and everyone should be able to keep their post counts. Plus we won't be scrubbing old posts if it can be avoided. Legend and I have already agreed to copy and paste the choice posts even it means burning the midnight oil.
'Try to please all the people all the time' is our motto.. well its not really but it could be. ;)

BTW, that direct link you just supplied will eventually be redundant... in about a week. But there'll be plenty of warning - to avoid confusion, forummers only need to go to www.leagueunlimited.com and then click on the Front Row link at the the top of the page.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I totally agree with your sentiments Jeremy. Its a nuisance I know. But we really had no choice.

Originally Iurged us to keep the current ASP format but the more we looked into it, the more apparent it became that we needed to makethis final adjustment. It wasnt a decision that we wanted to make but in the long run, it'll be for the better.

Latest posts