What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new merged NRL competition

NRL_man

Juniors
Looking at the current comp in its form I think there is a need to reduce the number of Sydney clubs. I propose the following:

Penrith Panthers and Parramatta Eels merge to become the Parramatta Panthers playing out of Parramatta Stadium

St.George Dragons and Cronulla Sharks merge to become the St.George Sharks playing out of Kogarah

Manly Sea Eagles look to claim the entire north shore as their own renaming themselves to Northern Eagles again and base themselves at a redeveloped North Sydney oval converted to a stadium

Next best thing would be a merger between Canterbury Bulldogs and South Sydney Rabbitohs but without a name to appease both sides they might have to standalone

Wests Tigers having already merged remain the same club

Sydney Roosters remain the same club

Therefore competition is reduced by 2 teams and consists of the following

Brisbane Broncos
Canberra Raiders
Canterbury Bulldogs
Melbourne Storm
Northern Eagles
North Queensland Cowboys
NZ Warriors
Parramatta Panthers
St.George Sharks
South Sydney Rabbitohs
Sydney Roosters
Wests Tigers

leaving room for a Perth and Adelaide team to be added in the future if it becomes feasible

pcpp

Juniors
NRL_man said:
St.George Dragons and Cronulla Sharks merge to become the St.George Sharks playing out of Kogarah

Wests Tigers having already merged remain the same club

Northern Eagles

:lol: Triple merger for St. George + West Tigers kept because they've already merged.

:lol: Northern Eagles will work again

Bumble

First Grade
SalfordRedsWA said:
Sounds good but trying to get parochial morons to change?.....

Lol, how dare those morons want to keep their football club! :crazy::crazy:

Angry_eel

First Grade
What a dope you are. you wake up one day and think lets get rid of areas of sydney that i don't like. Lets f**k the west so make it Parramatta Panthers, f**k the South in St George Sharks, and lets f**k the North again in northern Eagles.

But just so that we can keep the essense of sydney and the Celebrities of Sydney happy, leave Roosters and Rabbitohs alone. Why don't we have a Sydney Rabbitohs which would represent the whole of sydney with a large supporter base and a large junior base. Why don't we have Canterebury Wests Bulldogs which will keep all Mediterranean Descendants happy.

I'll tell you what, if we go with this approach(the one you suggest) alot of people will stop going to league alltogether especially in the west. AFL is trying to build a stadium in Blacktown so wait for the Angry parra and Panthers fans support some crap AFL team.

brendothejet

First Grade
this is the worst proposal of all time.

Yeah Saints should have to merge again, with the most hated rivals.

you do realise saints and sharks fans hate each other?

penrith and Parramatta...what a dead sh*t you are! again = hatred.

you want a comp do this:

1) Western Reds
2) Southern Orcas (NZ)
3) Central Coast Bears
4) Port Moresby

20 teams, 20 rounds, a comp that stretches from Fremantle to Bondi, Melbourne to Townsville, NZ and Papua New Guinea.

Who could possibly argue with the spread of that:

ladies and gentleman I present:

The Oceania Rugby League

ORL 2020

PARRA_FAN

Coach
](*,) ](*,)

its funny how someone posts a ridiculous thread then doesnt post again in the same thread

St. George Sharks

:crazy:

That'd go nicely alongside the Manchester City Red Devils, the Adelaide Power and the Northern Eagles. What's that? The Northern Eagles are already part of the plan?

Sounds like a winner to me!

EDIT: How could I forget? Bring on the New York Red Sox!

brendothejet

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
](*,) ](*,)

its funny how someone posts a ridiculous thread then doesnt post again in the same thread

is it impossible to think in 15 years we would have a second team in nz, teams in perth and CC?

i dont think so. yeah the PNG is a pipe dream, but you've got to have some belief in the product!

.JOHNSY

Juniors
Now the only problem I see is that when cousins have sex, this type of crap is a direct result. Worst idea ever !!:crazy:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Here's a novel idea, why don't we consolidate and strengthen the clubs we have in Sydney. Promote getting people off the couch and out to the ground, build stadiums for EACH club that hold 20-25,000, build the image of the game, and work towards 9 strong clubs instead of this stupid idea of merging clubs who hate each other it's already been done, it doesnt work.
Crowds do NOT increase by merging team eg. St.George Illawarra only draw 12,500 when they were seperate both clubs would average this figure.

Red Bear

Referee
HMS Cheesemaker said:
St. George Sharks

That'd go nicely alongside the Manchester City Red Devils, the Adelaide Power and the Northern Eagles. What's that? The Northern Eagles are already part of the plan?

Sounds like a winner to me!

EDIT: How could I forget? Bring on the New York Red Sox!
What about Everpool FC, they'll never walk alone!