What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A running fullback makes me happy.

? I think its about the team . I know Jack Gibson said pick best players then assign positions but Im pretty sure he didnt just recruit Forwards and backs and then stick them anywhere .

It was all about combinations with Jack and he played the players he had faith in, Alan Wilson played in every position except prop in 1987, the ultimate rookie of the year, ever.

txta2

Bench
SJ as full
Yes.

Consistently better and he works with the team.

Moylan is all flash in the pan shit and to hell with the consequences. These players don't win big games
So injuries don't play a role?
Chads had his most inconsistent year of his career. Don't recall Chad winning a big game for the team in the past few years.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
SJ as full

So injuries don't play a role?
Chads had his most inconsistent year of his career. Don't recall Chad winning a big game for the team in the past few years.
And he's still been more reliable than Moylan.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I never could work why he was signed. I think we were rorted by Gus. I wonder what he would be worth on the open market?

1 for 1 replacement of maloney. Seems like a great deal at the time.

I think he's good value. Just don't know where he fits. Can he play wing?

1990 sharkie

Juniors
Wait until we come up against a better defensive team. Everyone will say Dugan can't pass and we need a ball playing fullback.

In attack when Moylan plays it creates doubt in the other team. They don’t know whether if it’s SJ, Wado or Moyza who is setting the play up.
When Duges plays there the other team knows he’s not going to pass or set up. Only problem for them is Duges just runs over the top of them.
My solution is the Freddy Fittler/Tommy Turbo plan. Play Duges at Centre or Wing but let him roam, let him roam, let him roam

txta2

Bench
Being more reliable is vital to team cohesion which is vital to success.

Moylan is a 250k player on 800k. Piss him off and spend the cash better.
If Moylan is a 250k player Chad is on the minimum wage collecting trolleys.
Chad would be a perfect fit for the Broncos. They need someone who thinks he can control a team.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes, thats how the Morris's, Dugan, Ramien, Mitchells, Lyon, ET, Mcgaw, Renouf, etc etc etc all became great centres.
They first became great wingers.

Dugan debuted 2009. Wasn't selected to play wing till 2017 at the Dragons apart from maybe rep games.

Ramien has never played wing in the NRL

Jamie Lyon didn't play a single game on the wing in the NRL

Latrell has only played 15/91 games on the wing. He was hardly a great winger

ET played 4 games on the wing for Cronulla. Out of 327 games. More in rep games but made his name as a centre and got moved to the wing for rep footy

McGaw 12 out of 185 games when he was beginner

Renouf played 4/183.

I actually get your point but it's way off with your player selection HAHAHA None of them were ever "great" wingers.