What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A thank you to the team

WestyLife

First Grade

Yes my negative attitude of defending Nathan Cleary for his performance in the GF. I'm horribly cynical like that.

Also it was literally just a question. I didn't try to shut anyone down or insult anyone.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I understood this forum was a place for all opinion about Penrith Panthers not just the negative ones.

I also don't like being singled out for abuse (which I've highlighted in the previous post)

I wrote my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. I am though entitled to have it, and to express it.

I think @WestyLife is being treated pretty unfairly by some people here.

You don’t want to turn this forum into an eels forum echo chamber that even some of their own fans won’t visit.

Too many citizen patrols and bullies.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
This conversation doesn't even make sense>

Me: who's doomsaying?

You: that's insulting!

You are not the person I was referring too. Never have been a negative supporter and you never will be. I’m flabbergasted how you interpreted any suggestion I was referring to you.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
This conversation doesn't even make sense>

Me: who's doomsaying?

You: that's insulting!

Look back at what your oifinally said....It was insulting towards me. I called you out on it.

I will quote you again....

'Ok First Alice now you'

I hadn't even commented in this thread, you were attempting to insult me'.

Obviously comprehension is not a strong point for you Westy.

Tom I'm sorry for taking this thread off on a tanget........Sadly someone managed to throw my name out as bait.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not sure how we have ended up where we are in this discussion but in an attempt to get back on track season 2020 was one of the most enjoyable in my fifty years as a Panthers fan.

Even allowing for the fact we weren’t able to be at games for a large part of the season it was none the less enjoyable just to watch victory after victory for how many wins in a row. I’ve kinda lost count.

It is history now we lost the one that perhaps counted the most but I don’t see that as detracting from what was an amazing season.

I’m not down on the coach even if you can argue about his decision around Tyrone May/Brent Naden, I’m not down on the Nathan Cleary floater leading to the intercept try, I’m not down on anything. We won the minor premiership, we got to the GF and we fell short in the end against a very formidable opponent.

I’m still gutted, still a little tender around the edges but at the end of the day never in my wildest dreams prior to the commencement of this season did i envisage winning a semi final against the Rooster, a Preliminary Final against the Bunnies on route to a GF against the Storm.

We should all be celebrating the season that was and it is disappointing in many respects there are a minority who cannot help themselves but find fault in certain individuals or the team collectively. They deserve better.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I’m not sure how we have ended up where we are in this discussion but in an attempt to get back on track season 2020 was one of the most enjoyable in my fifty years as a Panthers fan.

Even allowing for the fact we weren’t able to be at games for a large part of the season it was none the less enjoyable just to watch victory after victory for how many wins in a row. I’ve kinda lost count.

It is history now we lost the one that perhaps counted the most but I don’t see that as detracting from what was an amazing season.

I’m not down on the coach even if you can argue about his decision around Tyrone May/Brent Naden, I’m not down on the Nathan Cleary floater leading to the intercept try, I’m not down on anything. We won the minor premiership, we got to the GF and we fell short in the end against a very formidable opponent.

I’m still gutted, still a little tender around the edges but at the end of the day never in my wildest dreams prior to the commencement of this season did i envisage winning a semi final against the Rooster, a Preliminary Final against the Bunnies on route to a GF against the Storm.

We should all be celebrating the season that was and it is disappointing in many respects there are a minority who cannot help themselves but find fault in certain individuals or the team collectively. They deserve better.
Brilliantly said, I apaude you and agree 100% with your words.

We absolutely should be celebrating an amazing season not arguing and abusing one on other, enough is enough. Every one take a deep breath and remember where we were at the end of season 2019 to what was achieved in season 2020. Well done Panthers in an extraordinary effort, most of us are incredibly proud supporters.

maple_69

Bench
Incredible season. We didn’t perform to the high standards we set all year in the big one, but the club took a giant leap forward this year. With the exception of last year, we have been getting frustrated at the club teetering on the edge of contention/clearing week 2 for some time. This year they did it on the back of unparalleled energy, aggression, camaraderie, passion and effort. The coaching staff did an amazing job to manage their levels, step change our attack and discipline and prepare guys to play their role whether they be debutants, depth guys or returning from injury.

In what has been a dog shit year this team gave us all a real bright spot every single week and in the absence of holidays, promotions, weddings and the like, something to look forward to. It’s meant a heap to me.

I can’t wait to see what this side dishes up with the fire of a loss burning, the experience of this season and the games played together under their belt. They have the chance to be a part of this clubs golden age and I’m super proud to be a Panther.

I think a number of people here should apologise to @WestyLife.

What you did to him was creepy and psychotic.

You flogged him on suspicion.

Maybe you should set up your own “hate unlimited” Abuse yourselves over there.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think a number of people here should apologise to @WestyLife.

What you did to him was creepy and psychotic.

You flogged him on suspicion.

Maybe you should set up your own “hate unlimited” Abuse yourselves over there.

Curiosity killed the black cat.

It's just a difference in perception. I don't think in terms of people being positive or negative only whether I think the person is making sense with what they said.

For the record @BxTom It's a nice thread to decompress and show appreciation after a good year but tough loss. It took a good 24 hours for me to not be sore over it. Good to have been in that position and with luck the Covid stuff sorts out more for next season. Some full crowds at Panthers would be amazing.