What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A thank you to the team

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeo pretty much.....the thread is called "a thank you to the team" that to me says its a positive kinda thread. However, there are some that read it as " another opportunity to put the boot on to the players and coaching staff" which is a negative sort of thread" so I see the thread as a place to be grateful to all those involved in providing a fantastic ride. Tbere are plenty of other places on this forum to be negative

Its probably about time he let go of the Ivan hate...it's been 2 years for f#$k sake, move on Phantom it's getting tedious and extremely boring.
Discussion evolves though... that's just the way it works. If someone makes a comment, another poster responds, and the conversation moves. You can't just say "Everything in this thread has to have a positive spin on it, regardless of whether or not you have the same opinion as everyone else", then lambaste anyone who goes against that.

That's just not cricket in my opinion.

FWIW, I haven't proffered an opinion negative or otherwise, but can see how the discussion moved into areas that would invite debate (i.e. a 'For and Against' if you will).

Black Diamond

Juniors
Discussion evolves though... that's just the way it works. If someone makes a comment, another poster responds, and the conversation moves. You can't just say "Everything in this thread has to have a positive spin on it, regardless of whether or not you have the same opinion as everyone else", then lambaste anyone who goes against that.

That's just not cricket in my opinion.

FWIW, I haven't proffered an opinion negative or otherwise, but can see how the discussion moved into areas that would invite debate (i.e. a 'For and Against' if you will).
Yes of course that's how it works, however, my understanding of the reason for this thread is to leave a thank you to the team comment, simple as that. As I said, there are plenty of other threads to debate how "shit" our minor premiership winning, 17 in a row with 1 loss in regular season, grandfinalist team are. Yep they lost the Grand Final but they have had an exceptional year that will probably not be repeated by any team for a very long time, if ever and that needs to be celebrated.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yes of course that's how it works, however, my understanding of the reason for this thread is to leave a thank you to the team comment, simple as that. As I said, there are plenty of other threads to debate how "shit" our minor premiership winning, 17 in a row with 1 loss in regular season, grandfinalist team are. Yep they lost the Grand Final but they have had an exceptional year that will probably not be repeated by any team for a very long time, if ever and that needs to be celebrated.

To be fair it only went weird because multiple people over multiple threads brought it up and the most recent was here so I asked out of curiosity what was meant and it turned nasty. There was nothing negative or off topic until that.

ACTPanthers

Bench
The dynamics of the evolution of a discussion is far from simple, regardless of the original thread topic.

However, we'll agree to disagree and leave it there I think.

franklin2323

Immortal
The dynamics of the evolution of a discussion is far from simple, regardless of the original thread topic.

However, we'll agree to disagree and leave it there I think.

That is how I see it too. We performed very well through the season a record breaking year.

Like Manly in 1995 and Parra 2001. That record season was let down by the game that mattered... can't ignore that fact

Black Diamond

Juniors
I put this post up for people to thank the team, not to put sh!t on them. Apparently that concept is a little too complex for some...
I can see the intention of your post very clearly Tom. Tried to help get it back on track to your intended purpose but alas, it seems it is not to be. I for one am very grateful for the ride I have been on during 2020. Thank you for trying to promote some positivity when we were all clearly hurting, no one more so than our boys.
Looking forward to seeing what this burn in their hearts will bring forward to 2021. GO MIGHTY PANTHERS

BxTom

Bench
Yeo pretty much.....the thread is called "a thank you to the team" that to me says its a positive kinda thread. However, there are some that read it as " another opportunity to put the boot on to the players and coaching staff" which is a negative sort of thread" so I see the thread as a place to be grateful to all those involved in providing a fantastic ride. Tbere are plenty of other places on this forum to be negative

Its probably about time he let go of the Ivan hate...it's been 2 years for f#$k sake, move on Phantom it's getting tedious and extremely boring.
Glad to see that some get it. I have been very critical of various things about the team, especially the return of Cleary Snr., but I thought that it would be good to praise the team for their overall performance.this year. But obviously making the GF isn't good enough for some. I guess we didn't win so we need to strive for continuous improvement. I guess putting sh!t on the pathetic players for not winning the GF is part of that process. Well done guys, hope you get great results. Some people just can't help themselves...

WestyLife

First Grade
Glad to see that some get it. I have been very critical of various things about the team, especially the return of Cleary Snr., but I thought that it would be good to praise the team for their overall performance.this year. But obviously making the GF isn't good enough for some. I guess we didn't win so we need to strive for continuous improvement. I guess putting sh!t on the pathetic players for not winning the GF is part of that process. Well done guys, hope you get great results. Some people just can't help themselves...

Yet what black diamond said hasn't happened in this thread. No one came in here disparaging the team or even discussing the loss.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Yet what black diamond said hasn't happened in this thread. No one came in here disparaging the team or even discussing the loss.
Put your glasses on, there was definately some of that said and some of the comments were not in line with what Tom was trying to achieve with this thread. That was my point.

Black Diamond

Juniors
100% agree with everything you said. Praise is always good when people have tried their very hardest yet fallen short of their goal. Guess I'm just a glass half full kinda person.Onwards and upwards!

WestyLife

First Grade
Put your glasses on, there was definately some of that said and some of the comments were not in line with what Tom was trying to achieve with this thread. That was my point.

Nothing negative happened until I asked Kilkenny about his comment which was the first to say anything off the original topic. All other comments discussing the loss were in the other threads until that point.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Nothing negative happened until I asked Kilkenny about his comment which was the first to say anything off the original topic. All other comments discussing the loss were in the other threads until that point.
I'm talking about the entire thread, not just to the point you mention. There were comments that implied the team failed because they lost the Grand Final. The intention of the thread was to celebrate the amazing effort of the entire year particularly from a team that didn't make the finals in 2019 and were predicted to possibly take the spoon. They finished the regular season in position 1. That is not a fail. Anyway, just my point of view, I will retire from any more comments as I no longer want to argue the point. I have had my say. Thanks Tom for your positive spin on this forum. It was a nice change.

WestyLife

First Grade
I'm talking about the entire thread, not just to the point you mention. There were comments that implied the team failed because they lost the Grand Final. The intention of the thread was to celebrate the amazing effort of the entire year particularly from a team that didn't make the finals in 2019 and were predicted to possibly take the spoon. They finished the regular season in position 1. That is not a fail. Anyway, just my point of view, I will retire from any more comments as I no longer want to argue the point. I have had my say. Thanks Tom for your positive spin on this forum. It was a nice change.

For the record I don't think they failed and I don't believe any Panthers fans think they did either.

MugaB

Coach
Im a bit late to say congratulations to the team, and the loyal supporters here that folow the mighty panthers, but belated congratulations, for a stunning effort, minor premiers by a long shot, and consistent although out the shortened season, had the pandemic not affected the season and everyones lives around the world, had we seen this very team play out the extra 4 weeks of the regular season, maybe we play the grand final against another team, or possibly win it off a momentum on the back of 21 straight victories, but alas no, and we get to watch it unfold next season all over again, i just hope we have the same mindset going into next year as we did this year, and play on every effort whether its attack or defence, and give everything till the tank runs dry, also gotta thank Barrett, Hethro, Aekins, and our Captain Big Jimmy T for all the work they put in this season, and hope that they go well next season their respective clubs. GOOD LUCK fellas!

As for those who are left in the Squad and in the Stands.... ARE WE READY READY!! coz 21 is our year!!!!

WestyLife

First Grade
Im a bit late to say congratulations to the team, and the loyal supporters here that folow the mighty panthers, but belated congratulations, for a stunning effort, minor premiers by a long shot, and consistent although out the shortened season, had the pandemic not affected the season and everyones lives around the world, had we seen this very team play out the extra 4 weeks of the regular season, maybe we play the grand final against another team, or possibly win it off a momentum on the back of 21 straight victories, but alas no, and we get to watch it unfold next season all over again, i just hope we have the same mindset going into next year as we did this year, and play on every effort whether its attack or defence, and give everything till the tank runs dry, also gotta thank Barrett, Hethro, Aekins, and our Captain Big Jimmy T for all the work they put in this season, and hope that they go well next season their respective clubs. GOOD LUCK fellas!

As for those who are left in the Squad and in the Stands.... ARE WE READY READY!! coz 21 is our year!!!!

Honestly with the age and quality of this roster and Smith/Bellamy ending their careers I'd say we take the Storm's spot in the top 2 with the Roosters for the next 5 - 10 years. Unless injuries happen of course.

franklin2323

Immortal
Honestly with the age and quality of this roster and Smith/Bellamy ending their careers I'd say we take the Storm's spot in the top 2 with the Roosters for the next 5 - 10 years. Unless injuries happen of course.

Still need to prove this year wasn't a fluke yet. As good as this year was backing it up will be difficult

Latest posts