What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A thank you to the team

Curiosity killed the black cat.

It's just a difference in perception. I don't think in terms of people being positive or negative only whether I think the person is making sense with what they said.

For the record @BxTom It's a nice thread to decompress and show appreciation after a good year but tough loss. It took a good 24 hours for me to not be sore over it. Good to have been in that position and with luck the Covid stuff sorts out more for next season. Some full crowds at Panthers would be amazing.

Yeah, I still don’t know why they ripped into you, in my view, you didn’t say anything negative at all.

It was a very good season, 15-20 minutes away from the prize. Historic winning run.
Your players stood up and played above and beyond. Some respect and gratitude is due and warranted. They earned it. You are fortunate to have them.

ACTPanthers

Bench
What I've learnt from this thread...

You can have an opinion, but only if it's a positive one. If you have a negative opinion, you're not allowed to voice that. If you do, you'll be called a "doomsayer" and THEN, if you argue your point, you'll be accused of not allowing other posters opinions...

Did I catch all that right?

WestyLife

First Grade

You can have an opinion, but only if it's a positive one. If you have a negative opinion, you're not allowed to voice that. If you do, you'll be called a "doomsayer" and THEN, if you argue your point, you'll be accused of not allowing other posters opinions...

That has been the process so far.

Kilkenny

Coach
This sarcasm and bad humour isn’t very positive.

These people should just give it up.

Seriously mate, where are you going with this .

Everyone who is a regular on here is unanimous we had a great season and we are all feeling the pain emanating from our grand final loss.

I think the disagreements between some of us are purely around the reasons for our GF loss, performances of some players etc etc and that is where the angst has been.

I believe, as well all do, we didn’t perform any near what we were capable off Sunday but we should just accept it and it doesn’t really benefit any one, fans or otherwise, to drill down further particularly after such a great season.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Silverdale, is not easily put off Alice.

He spreads himself around and doesn’t’ just troll on here.

He is capable of some intelligent comment here are there but his obsession and bias against Ivan Cleary tends to drag down his overall value.

I agree LOL

I'm a person of great patience, especially when dealing with trolls like Silverdale.

I'm sure there is a 'choir' of silverdales trawling this forum. Does he / she actually have a life outside these pages, judging by the continual output I think not.

I agree Silverdale is capable of rational coversation

This saying does represent Silverdale.

He does though run with the Hares and Hunts with the hounds.

I came to this conclusion after seeing his / her posts on this forum against those written by him on the W/T forum (especially about Penrith and the Clearys.}

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I agree LOL

I'm a person of great patience, especially when dealing with trolls like Silverdale.

I'm sure there is a 'choir' of silverdales trawling this forum. Does he / she actually have a life outside these pages, judging by the continual output I think not.

I agree Silverdale is capable of rational coversation

This saying does represent Silverdale.

He does though run with the Hares and Hunts with the hounds.

I came to this conclusion after seeing his / her posts on this forum against those written by him on the W/T forum (especially about Penrith and the Clearys.}

I like The Phantom, he is just passionate, if the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure most of us would be pissed. At least he is good for a laugh & adds to the discussion for the most part. He has also admitted he is a fan of Nathan, the grudge is reserved for Ivan alone.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I like The Phantom, he is just passionate, if the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure most of us would be pissed. At least he is good for a laugh & adds to the discussion for the most part. He has also admitted he is a fan of Nathan, the grudge is reserved for Ivan alone.

I'm generally a kind soul. But Silverdale has burnt far too many bridges (for me). Stirred up poo (just for shit and giggles)

The thing is in one post he will say he 'quite likes Nathan' and the next post want him burnt at the stake.

Hence my saying runs with the hares, and hunts with the hounds.......(changes stance and wording to match whatever way the wind is blowing.)

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm generally a kind soul. But Silverdale has burnt far too many bridges (for me). Stirred up poo (just for shit and giggles)

The thing is in one post he will say he 'quite likes Nathan' and the next post want him burnt at the stake.

Hence my saying runs with the hares, and hunts with the hounds.......(changes stance and wording to match whatever way the wind is blowing.)

I think he may get a bit too passionate depending on how many refreshments he has partaken in. lol.

Black Diamond

Juniors

Yeo pretty much.....the thread is called "a thank you to the team" that to me says its a positive kinda thread. However, there are some that read it as " another opportunity to put the boot on to the players and coaching staff" which is a negative sort of thread" so I see the thread as a place to be grateful to all those involved in providing a fantastic ride. Tbere are plenty of other places on this forum to be negative
Its probably about time he let go of the Ivan hate...it's been 2 years for f#$k sake, move on Phantom it's getting tedious and extremely boring.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeo pretty much.....the thread is called "a thank you to the team" that to me says its a positive kinda thread. However, there are some that read it as " another opportunity to put the boot on to the players and coaching staff" which is a negative sort of thread" so I see the thread as a place to be grateful to all those involved in providing a fantastic ride. Tbere are plenty of other places on this forum to be negative

Its probably about time he let go of the Ivan hate...it's been 2 years for f#$k sake, move on Phantom it's getting tedious and extremely boring.

Post of the year Black Diamond post of the year.

He who speaks with forked tongue just wades in stirs the pot, creates shit and then slinks away.

Last edited: