What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

Tommy Smith

Referee
You're the guy who thinks Cordner and Pearce should be automatic selections right?

Say what you want about Woods but I would trust him to have a solid performance in origin over either Cordner or Pearce.
Umm no I've never said Pearce should be an automatic selection.

As for Cordner, he played 5 games off the interchange which never suited him because he's an 80min backrower.

Last year he finally got a start and was NSW best player by a mile.

If you can't see that he's consistently the best forward NSW has from week to week then I can't help you.

JamesRustle

First Grade
If Merrin plays lock then woods would keep out of one or two of Tamou, Fifita, James, Klemmer or Jake Trbo. There's also Boyd, Paulo, Vaughan in the mix. On their day anyone of those guys are as good or better then Woods. Unlike in queensland, where Scott is a certain starter because no Queenslander is better or NZ were no kiwi is better then Bromwich, Woods should have plenty of competition for his jumper
Like Woods, most of them are props who dish out mixed performances at rep level or have been worse.

I'm excited about those you've thrown in the mix for this year, but they haven't been there in the last 2-3.

Agree he has plenty of competition and he should not be penned in, but he has performed well in origin in the past... last year or two after he found his feet at that level.

MilkShark

First Grade
Yet for some stupid reason his name is thrown around as a possible blues captain.

Laughable.

As for Cordner, he played 5 games off the interchange which never suited him because he's an 80min backrower.

If you can't see that he's consistently the best forward NSW has from week to week then I can't help you.

Lol what?

Tyson Frizzell was by far the best forward for the blues last year!

I'm not doubting cordners consistency for his club, I'm talking about his performances at origin level to date. You're right he is an 80 minute player and not an impact player but why don't you give woods the same sort of flexibility? woods isn't an impact player either, he's a worker and very consistent one. He doesn't do anything special but does the basics really well, just like Cordner. If you want an impact player who goes 100 miles an hour every run, he's definitely not the guy.

Incorrect

Coach
f**k I'd LOL if the Tigers appointed Cleary as coach and among his first decisions on Day 1 was to tell Woods' and Brooks' manager that the offers on the table have been withdrawn they are no longer part of the Tigers long term plans...

Hutty1986

Immortal

Tommy Singh you hyperbolic b*stard.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Only thing he's ever done that's impressed me was missing the jump into the team celebration for a try in origin, and completely flying over the top of them ha ha ha. I lol'd as if it was a souffs game

adamkungl

Immortal
Can someone explain to me why this bloke is a walk up start for the Blues and Kangaroos?

Serious question.

He's not aggressive.
Doesn't bend the line or break tackles.
He doesn't hit hard in defence.
I don't see any good footwork before the line.
And certainly no good second phase play.

Personally I believe it's the hair. No joke. Dane Laurie's hair had enough people convinced he was more than a park footy player for 2-3 years.

Of course Laurie Daley, Mal Meninga and the selectors know a lot more about footy than me; so can another keen eye inform me of exactly what he does that makes him a walk up start for rep sides and - the horror, the horrorrrr - a Blues captaincy candidate?

He's the new Shillo the Pillow.

A stats front rower. Makes 18 hitups a game for 130m, none of which have any impact. Walks into rep sides on paper numbers.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Are you saying he's the Milli Vanilli of the NRL? :p

Here's the other one:

cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png

ed-grimley

Bench
Woods is like a lot of players - competent but will only fire in a decent team. Only the real stars of the game can look good in a dud team.

Latest posts