What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About the new video

Goleel

Juniors
I've been waiting all day for you to rip the video apart EEL, gotta say that yeah, there were a few things I didn't like, and a fair few things I did like. I don't care about a building block or whatever, this game is gonna be great fun, regardless of what faults it looks to have. I'm still reserving all judgement until I've played the final game myself.

Forum Idiot

Bench
Goleel said:
I've been waiting all day for you to rip the video apart EEL, gotta say that yeah, there were a few things I didn't like, and a fair few things I did like. I don't care about a building block or whatever, this game is gonna be great fun, regardless of what faults it looks to have. I'm still reserving all judgement until I've played the final game myself.
yeah the game does look like it is gonna be incredibly fun. did you see how desperate locksley was getting towards the end?! :lol: he skipped every cut scene. though the game will be fun and will finally scratch that 7 YEAR ITCH of ours that passing animation and the passing ball physics are gonna make me sick, i better learn to ignore it i suppose.
this game will be great. commentary can only get better and it was only one instance that bothered me. hearing "number 2!" 4 times in less than 20 seconds is annoying.
im still pumped though.

Dragon

Coach
The only thing that made me go "what the f*ck?" was hearing the sound that passing makes. I mean, is it just me or is it everytime a player picks the ball up from dummy half or passes the ball, you can hear a sound. Last time i checked passing a footy didnt make a noise.

muddy

Juniors
The only thing I want to know is why the ref blows thr whistle for everything e.g. knock ons, change overs etc

NPK

Bench
The video was fantastic!
The stadium looked terrific and I was impressed with Vossy's vocabulary and timing of most of his comments. The gameplay looked great too..the replays of the big tackles were a nice touch.It will be fun to add myself to the Broncos lineup especially because my name is a name that is already in the game and will get called by Vossy 8)
Plus, the Broncos won :D
A few anomalies that I noticed though:

Why were there diving passes from dummy half when there were no defenders anywhere him?

The forwards didn't make ground with the ball after the started getting tackled - they never made it past the advantage line.

I have never seen anyone in real life get held up over a tryline on his feet!

Is there more than 1 tryscoring animation? In real games, they don't dive over the line every time..they often bend down and place the ball down.

Players were standing flat-footed a lot.

Does Vossy ever talk about interchanges? ie: "and Webcke has just left the field and has been replaced by Parker".

In the second hald on the last tackle on the set after Wigan found touch from the kickoff, a Wigan player scored in the corner but it was a 20m restart to Brisbane?? What happened there?

Where was the Brisbane halfback at the scrum in the second half after Devere kicked it out on the full?

Also in ther second half, Vossy says "Swain away now, he spots the gap, there's no-one around" and yet it's Carroll who scored?

When a cut scene is bypassed, like after a try, the clock doesn't reflect this...ie: after a try, the clock doesn't stop and the kicker takes time to set up the kick etc, but if this cut scene is bypassed, the clock hasn't ticked down the time that would have elapsed if the scene wasn't bypassed.

Moffo

Referee
whinging pom :lol:

na, i loved it. Looked good, gameplay looks like fun and the camera angles rocked. i could work out where the gaps were without having to make the players look like blips on the map

just one odd thing, when the camera angle changed, at times it looks like there is no one in the stadium. Does anyone else see that? like, at times the crowd is there and then at other times it disappears :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

Dragon

Coach
Well im not whinging mate, its called "constructive criticism". Dont get me wrong, i reckon this game will f**kin rox my sox, but we are just pointing out minor gripes. I know its unfair considering we havnt played the bloody thing. I dont expect perfection, but i know this game will be amazing. The reason as to why im buying it? Well, imo this game is gonna 'feel' like rugby league, as no other rugby game has before it :)

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

westhull

Juniors
Could someone shed some light on this...at around the 17th minute mark wigan score in the right corner on the last tackle...they are not awarded the try...the game restarts with a tap to brisbane...for the life of me i cant see anything wrong with the try..anyone?

incredible_holc

Juniors
if you guy's are bagging the game out so fu(king much.. why are you going to buy it??

now this is a statement from an arsehole!!!!!!!!

We arnt bagging it out we are giving constructive critisism. Are we meant to say its perfect even though we can see problems? When you spend $100 and you see things wrong with it are you going to still say its perfect. So mate get your tounge out of the gamemakers arse and wake up to yourself.

Monkey

Juniors
westhull said:
Could someone shed some light on this...at around the 17th minute mark wigan score in the right corner on the last tackle...they are not awarded the try...the game restarts with a tap to brisbane...for the life of me i cant see anything wrong with the try..anyone?

he dives but as he puts the ball down has already slid touch ingoal.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I like my idea, watching the players in the changing rooms then down the tunnel and running on to the feild

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
-I havent heard any players misnamed in commentary in the final version.
-Yes Vossy mentions interchanges.
-Monkeys spot on, he should be a video ref :)
-It wasnt the final version.
-If there was footage of players in the changerooms etc, Id skip it and get into the real thing. After your first 10 or so games, I found myself skipping the players names bit.
-Youve gotta spam your aggression to bust the line sometimes with forwards, also (obviously) aim towards smaller defensive players and avoid where there are two defenders.
-If you slow right down when over the line and press the score button, you place the ball.